B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This board got quiet lol

This list is active until January of 2020, according to DCAS. Please stop bumping threads, doing this is against the rules of the website.

If you keep doing this, I will have to start giving out verbals, in addition to suspensions & terminations (if necessary).

The reason why it got quiet is because there has been little to no activity, either out of Livingston Street or Zerega. Once activity picks up, so will this thread, respectively.

Edited by +Young+

(Comment deleted...)

LoL, it's not that serious, despite not passing training young shares his experience with others and has always been helpful with questions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by +Young+
Trying to encourage positive reinforcement......

I am currently on medical hold because I had to have a sleep apena test. If your necksize is greater then 17 inches they may make you take a sleep apena test as well. I tested positive which means I need to use a CPAP MACHINE for a month before I can go back to hopefully get off medical hold.

Got a letter late, missed original date that

I was supposed to come in.

Was told to come in next day when I called.

Came 3/27 pre employment process (1st time)

Almost 3 months later

Ms.Chestnut gives me a call and tells me to

come in for processing again.

Came 6/15 pre employment (2nd time)

Got a call&email the following week

to come in 6/26 for medical & final processing.

Appointed next class 7/10

I went through medical & final processing pretty easy

probably because I'm an OA switching to TA so my records

are fairly new I suppose. I've only been an operator for like 5 months.

Also my list number is 312X.

Hope this info helps out.

Edited by scorpio2360

I received my pre-employment package to come in on Friday 6/30/17. I can't remember a couple of jobs prior to 1995, Does anyone know where I can begin to search to get this info. I tried the IRS and social security with no success. Any feedback before Friday would be greatly appreciated.

Almost 3 months later

Hopefully they have a class in August. I can't go back until I used my cpap machine for 30 days and then I can get off Medical hold. It's a process for me I'll be glad once I'm finally in training and have my ID.

Almost 3 months later

Even though your an OA B/O you still have to do the 7/10 day training? I know you will get though it you have 5 monthes otj. I wouldn't think they would make you do the 7-10 training again.

I received my pre-employment package to come in on Friday 6/30/17. I can't remember a couple of jobs prior to 1995, Does anyone know where I can begin to search to get this info. I tried the IRS and social security with no success. Any feedback before Friday would be greatly appreciated.

Best bet of advice: Get a printout from the Social Security Office and work with that. They care more about months and years and not the exact date you started working a particular job. If you're not 100% sure, just take an educated guess.

Also, make sure that everything matches up. If not, they will grill you for this, trust me.

Edjones, social security charges $115.00 for the full life print out, includes company names, the year you worked there, then you could fudge the months. You could get a free print out at the SSA web site once you enroll, this will only tell you you annual earnings , no job info, hope this helps, if you need the $115.00 printout you will have to visit the SSA office.

You just need the last 10 years so June-July 2007 is good enough.

I appreciate all the feedback that's being shared here. Idont want to be disqualified or penalized for not having all my employment listed on the application. I see Seven said 10 years is enough, I have that easily. I have the last 22 years. The letter I received stated all employment since high school. Sparrow, Has anyone else experienced 10 years being enough employment history. Sparrow, I receive your answer, just trying to save the $115 if I can.

I appreciate all the feedback that's being shared here. Idont want to be disqualified or penalized for not having all my employment listed on the application. I see Seven said 10 years is enough, I have that easily. I have the last 22 years. The letter I received stated all employment since high school. Sparrow, Has anyone else experienced 10 years being enough employment history. Sparrow, I receive your answer, just trying to save the $115 if I can.

Edjones, preemployment package is 10 years, first day at Livingston they will hand you a second package 21 page booklet with work history to be filled out from high school to present, first day if all goes well you will also take a drug test, when they call you back for medical you will have the 21 page booklet filled out, I paid the $115 fee and made it easier to fill out, I had 40 years of work history, I could not remember them all. The pages SSA gave me for $115 helped a lot , I didn't want to pay either, now I am 4 months driving as TA B/O.

I'm in a bind on what to do. I got on medical hold on June 8th for sleep apena I need to use a cpap machine before I can get off. The thing is I don't have insurance until August 1 so I won't be able to get cleared until September. What happen with my insurance is a whole other story. What should I do? Should I go down to MTA to let them know. I think I have a better shot going down then actually calling them.

I'm in a bind on what to do. I got on medical hold on June 8th for sleep apena I need to use a cpap machine before I can get off. The thing is I don't have insurance until August 1 so I won't be able to get cleared until September. What happen with my insurance is a whole other story. What should I do? Should I go down to MTA to let them know. I think I have a better shot going down then actually calling them.

oh man that sucks my ninja. I hope it works out I say go and have a heart to heart with them it might work. if not then at least you know when you are ready you'll be among the first people in the next class.

oh man that sucks my ninja. I hope it works out I say go and have a heart to heart with them it might work. if not then at least you know when you are ready you'll be among the first people in the next class.

Thank you, yes I will go down tomorrow morning and let them know. I doubt they will let me process which is OK I just don't want to think I'm not interested in the position because I am 110% just have a little bump in the road. I'll see what they and I'll report back.

They'll likely only be interested in talking with you in person is when you clear the hold.

The best thing you can do is get the sleep apnea test done and from what I understand it can be a long process (30+ days minimum). Once you have sufficient results/progress, you can reinstate your name on the list. The list won't expire until January 2020 and has roughly 8,000 candidates on it.

So, my advice would be to call them and say you need more time to clear medical. They'll honestly and likely not care about the reasons why and say something like ".. we don't hold jobs for people". But again, there is at least two more years on the list.

Edited by 161NewYork

I finished up the first day at Livingston St about noon today. It didn't seem so bad, I guess because I was prepared to be there all day thanks to all the info from the forum. Super excited I wasn't there all day. Big shout to Sparrow, the printout from SSA was very helpful and proved critical as well. Thanks again, now I'll wait for the next call for medical.

I finished up the first day at Livingston St about noon today. It didn't seem so bad, I guess because I was prepared to be there all day thanks to all the info from the forum. Super excited I wasn't there all day. Big shout to Sparrow, the printout from SSA was very helpful and proved critical as well. Thanks again, now I'll wait for the next call for medical.

No problem, that's why we're all here to begin with...