B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Hey guys I  received my pre-employment papers and I have to go in on Thursday however the permit I have expired a while ago would that be a problem when processing my paper work? Please and Thanks

As it states on the Notice of Examination, on the top of the 2nd page, it states that at the time of appointment, you must possess either the CDL or the CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit). Since it expired last year, you will probably and most likely have to take the tests again. From my experience going to 180 Livingston Street, if you don't have it, they will turn you away.

Also, when you go down, they will pull up your abstract, so even if you're able to get it the day before, you'll be fine.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. So here's my dilemma, I was put on med hold for high bp & needed to take sleep apnea test as per Md. got my bp down now I just needed to see if I have SA. Did a take home test and just got results (negative) but as asked for a copy of polysomnography report I was informed that's only for in lab tests....question. Do I shoot my shot by going in with what I have from the test or do I call and plead my case hopping they clear me.

Sooooo question, I got my letter they mailed it to the wrong address....I'm reading it and it says I need to have a NYS drivers license for at least 3 years prior to appointment....I moved to Florida back in October and obviously had to change my ID....did my 3 years just start over or will they take my out of state abstract and temp NY license?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

They will take your out of state abstract , you need to bring with you, abstract from out of state are only valid for 30 days, also you should get your CDL permit for NYS, as quick as possible, the 3 years mean driving 3 years or more, I want thru same issue with Pennsylvania license , I waited one day after transfer of license then took CDL permit test, had everything in 3 days, my only problem was I had not picture ID, I had to wait for my NYS license to come in mail.

Thanks sparrow, I already have my CDL B so it should be a straight license transfer...and they will use a passport as pic ID correct? Also are ACG's acceptable as non slip shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Cory1018, Correct, good luck, don't know what ACG is, but they don't check shoes, just make sure there slip resistant. All black in color.

I got my pre-employment let also. So just triple checking lol they asked to put ticket and accident history. I got into a minor accident last year.

one that the police never showed up too, no police report no nothing (should I put they down on the application if there's not police report and it's not on my abstract?)???

And one that was almost 10 years ago?

I got my pre-employment let also. So just triple checking lol they asked to put ticket and accident history. I got into a minor accident last year.

one that the police never showed up too, no police report no nothing (should I put they down on the application if there's not police report and it's not on my abstract?)???

And one that was almost 10 years ago?

Disclose everything to the best of your knowledge; and keep in mind the fact that they care most about those within the past three years.

how long after you do the drug test do you have to wait to get called for medical

Anywhere from 3 to 90 calendar days. After 30 calendar days, you will perform a second drug test, since they're only valid for 30 calendar days. When I got processed in late 2013 & early 2014, I had to take three, yes 3 drug tests since it took a while for me to get my medical hold cleared.

Anywhere from 3 to 90 calendar days. After 30 calendar days, you will perform a second drug test, since they're only valid for 30 calendar days. When I got processed in late 2013 & early 2014, I had to take three, yes 3 drug tests since it took a while for me to get my medical hold cleared.

I already took 2 drug test. It's going to be at least September until I can clear my medical hold due to insurance reasons. So I'm in the same boat as young sort of. Once I clear my medical hold it will 3 drug test for me as well as they as they same 3rd time is the charm lol.

Good luck to all that are in 7/10 class and food luck to all that are going in for pre employment. Keep in mind they always call in more then they actually need tomhiee for pre employment. So even though you go in for pre employment now they may make you come back again. My case I went in on March 27th and for another Pre employment letter to report in may 30th then from.there got called for medical in june.

Disclose everything to the best of your knowledge; and keep in mind the fact that they care most about those within the past three years.

So even if there's no police report on one of them, I should still write what happen?