B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

On my way to Zerega right now

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

i was there this morning i was in supt.gary class

hi all,

checked my mailbox today and got my letter to report to  180 2morrow at 730am...talk about time to get things together. I currently work at the Post office so i havent been there enough to take time off for line traning but hopefully i can find a way to make it work. anyhow. my list # is 47xx. 

congratulation and all the best 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all,

checked my mailbox today and got my letter to report to  180 2morrow at 730am...talk about time to get things together. I currently work at the Post office so i havent been there enough to take time off for line traning but hopefully i can find a way to make it work. anyhow. my list # is 47xx. 

congrats and good luck

i was there this morning i was in supt.gary class

congratulation and all the best 

how was the first day

Ahhhhh! I passed! Qualified day 7 and Dmv road test today! Let's go! Thank everyone who helped on this board. Much appreciated for the help let's continue to pay it forward for the rest. #showmethemoney

Congrats! Well deserved no obstacles can stop you when you really want something. I'm going back with my results in September I'm not letting nothing hold me back from something I really really want.

Ahhhhh! I passed! Qualified day 7 and Dmv road test today! Let's go! Thank everyone who helped on this board. Much appreciated for the help let's continue to pay it forward for the rest. #showmethemoney

congrats cant wait to get where you at i have my medical this friday

Congrats! And on behalf of myself and the other moderators, you're welcome.

Good luck with that year of probation!!

Did anyone else get called for the medical after taking a drug test last week? I know someone took the drug test a day before me and they got called for the medical, I didn't receive a call or email yet I'm like wtf lol

i took the drug test last monday got a email last friday to come in this friday from medical and final phaze

i took the drug test last monday got a email last friday to come in this friday from medical and final phaze

Yea I took mine Wednesday and still nothing. I know they said up to 90 days but if they have a class on the 7th I don't understand why I wasn't contacted yet lol

Yea I took mine Wednesday and still nothing. I know they said up to 90 days but if they have a class on the 7th I don't understand why I wasn't contacted yet lol

If I had to take an educated guess, they go by list number. Therefore, out of everyone that was there, including those that got their names reinstated to the list, the smaller the list number, the faster they will contact you for medical and final processing. The bigger your list number is, the longer you have to wait.

At this point it's the only fair way that they can do it. They also go by list number when it comes time to pick the Depots @ Zerega.

today was day 3 of my 10 day training and i must say driving a 40ft bus in nyc isn't no joke you have to check your mirrors literally every 3-5 seconds.

congrats on qualify on day 7 and all the best on your road test

Anyone at Zerega right now cause I'm
Here

i was there early doing the simulator 

today was day 3 of my 10 day training and i must say driving a 40ft bus in nyc isn't no joke you have to check your mirrors literally every 3-5 seconds.

congrats on qualify on day 7 and all the best on your road test

i was there early doing the simulator 

how is the training so far

Offhand, have you looked at the handouts? Hopefully they'll help, especially when it comes to the pre-trip..i

thanks for all your help i appreciate 

i have been looking over the book that was given out at orientation its very help full so far

after driving the bus for the second time today i feel more comfortable than when i drove on day 1

I'm doing good on my turns just have to work on 4 ft space a bit more 

how long should each student get to drive per day

Edited by mastap123

4 ft of space is very very very very important. Get your 4 feet of space and in busy streets with a lot of traffic take up 2 lanes if need be. I do it a lot especially on Northern Blvd, which my routes I drive go on. I can't tell u how many times I would have taken someone's car door out if I didn't have 4 feet of space lol. These knuckleheads just open their car door without checking the street behind them probably 10 times a day lol.