B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Thanks to +Young+ on all the information and help on the route it help a lot today really appreciate it and thanks to everyone one on the congrats

You're welcome. I'm so happy for you...

hey does anyone have a handout for the inspection of the bus and also info on what street takes what turn from what I'm hearing the most stressful part of the training is knowing what turn to make for each turn and the bus not hitting the curb

Here they are:

(just click on the gray "show" button)

t6uzgg.jpg

155jxh1.jpg

1234fsw.jpg

10ye2b4.jpg

x28lg2.jpg

2dtzlgj.jpg

2vn4zk4.jpg

2m7dgxv.jpg

28lfcr7.jpg

23u8ks7.jpg

244wgtc.jpg

sl70ie.jpg

2dt3sw0.jpg

svt6cp.jpg

30bfuq8.jpg

o02c0z.jpg

The last two pages are for the pre-trip inspection (both interior & exterior), there's also a page for what street takes what type of turn. Just remember to keep an eye on your pivot point (rear tires) and don't be afraid to stay fat!!

Edited by +Young+

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got my 6 month evaluation today which was weird since I was a crossover from OA (appointed 2/6/17) to TA (appointed 7/10/17) while on probation.

Supt. at Zerega doing the orientation was saying the 5 months I served as OA wouldn't transfer over and that my probation would reset to day one which would be my appointed date.

Good news is, the GS at my depot did my 6mo. evaluation and said that being a crossover, the 5 months of probation have carried over into the TA side. So now I'm half way through it.

Just wanted to inform some of the people on here who were thinking about doing the crossover while still on probation.

Edited by scorpio2360

just got my 6 month evaluation today which was weird since I was a crossover from OA (appointed 2/6/17) to TA (appointed 7/10/17) while on probation.

Supt. at Zerega doing the orientation was saying the 5 months I served as OA wouldn't transfer over and that my probation would reset to day one which would be my appointed date.

Good news is, the GS at my depot did my 6mo. evaluation and said that being a crossover, the 5 months of probation have carried over into the TA side. So now I'm half way through it.

Just wanted to inform some of the people on here who were thinking about doing the crossover while still on probation.

Awesome! I guess I should start the crossover since i have till October to be cleared from probation.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

TheNYCTBeast, might as well stay and finish what you have left since you're almost done honestly.

Don't need to put more stress on finishing your last two months with the fact that you have to go back to 180 for the pre employment, drug test, wait for the call back 3-90 days, then come back for medical again, etc etc.

Just my opinion though.

Who has 2 thumbs and just passed probation? This guy!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for when my time comes and I'm off probation. Has to be one of the best feelings besides qualifying the 7-10 day training. Congrats and be safe out there !! Edited by scorpio2360

Awesome! I guess I should start the crossover since i have till October to be cleared from probation.

TheNYCTBeast, might as well stay and finish what you have left since you're almost done honestly.

Don't need to put more stress on finishing your last two months with the fact that you have to go back to 180 for the pre employment, drug test, wait for the call back 3-90 days, then come back for medical again, etc etc.

Just my opinion though.

I'm NOT an NYC Transit B/O (yet), however, October is less than 2 months away, and, depending on your situation, it's going to take time for the folks at DCAS to restore your name to the list, it's going to take time for 180 Livingston Street to call you, followed by medical, etc. Therefore, depending on how much free time you have, and when your probation is exactly over, it may not be a bad idea to at least, get the ball rolling if not now, perhaps within the next couple of weeks...

Good luck with the crossover!!

Edited by +Young+

Congrats, now come back to Gleason we need more bodies on the b35 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bklynstyle my man what's cooking bro. Thanks man. I still owe u a steak dinner lol. lol I loved Gleason but I couldn't come back even if o wanted to, as I transfered into Queens, and once in Queens, can't leave lol. I can't complain tho my depot has the best lines in the city. Lol B35, ahhh now that I don't miss lol.

You're welcome. I'm so happy for you...

Here they are:

(just click on the gray "show" button)

t6uzgg.jpg

155jxh1.jpg

1234fsw.jpg

10ye2b4.jpg

x28lg2.jpg

2dtzlgj.jpg

2vn4zk4.jpg

2m7dgxv.jpg

28lfcr7.jpg

23u8ks7.jpg

244wgtc.jpg

sl70ie.jpg

2dt3sw0.jpg

svt6cp.jpg

30bfuq8.jpg

o02c0z.jpg

The last two pages are for the pre-trip inspection (both interior & exterior), there's also a page for what street takes what type of turn. Just remember to keep an eye on your pivot point (rear tires) and don't be afraid to stay fat!!

thanks very much