B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

I'm gonna check with them tomorrow. Seems funny Ms Chestnut called 1st. N mentioned everything else the letter said but never mentioned the m.o. I will find out.

So just for shits n giggles wat happens to people who don't have 87. N can't get it r they s.o.l not right. They already got the test fee. That should take care of the 87. Unbelievable.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone had any issues with getting their names reinstated on the list? I was in the august 7th class and had to resign, I went straight to dcas the same day ro reinstate and was informed it would take 30 days. It's over that and dcas is referring me to TA and TA is referring me back to DCAS. I'm not in NY and can't go to these offices. Also ms. Chestnut does not answer her phone or return phone calls and I keep getting sent to her line.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Has anyone had any issues with getting their names reinstated on the list? I was in the august 7th class and had to resign, I went straight to dcas the same day ro reinstate and was informed it would take 30 days. It's over that and dcas is referring me to TA and TA is referring me back to DCAS. I'm not in NY and can't go to these offices. Also ms. Chestnut does not answer her phone or return phone calls and I keep getting sent to her line.

I called DCAS to check my status I'm on the list I'm not on an outstanding certification and I have been removed from the list(Ive been on medical hold for more then 3 months for sleep apnea) I'm 2 days away from completing my 30 days of therapy successfully. My thing is how do I reinstate my name if I don't want to write a letter I remember seeing something along the lines that I could I email them? If so that would be great. I was planning on going Monday to MTA to Mac to give my medical paperwork but I also want to get reinstated because I so ready to get in and start my career.. Thanks for the help

Is it that much of a headache to reinstate your name back on the list? My 3 months is almost up and I'll have to sleep with a cpap for 30 days.

Is it that much of a headache to reinstate your name back on the list? My 3 months is almost up and I'll have to sleep with a cpap for 30 days.

This is my first time dealing with dcas with this test. So idk! But I'm really starting to get pissed. And there's no direct number to DCAS even tho the automated number says there are representatives available you can't get anyone on the phone, no option to speak to anyone. I do know ms. Chestnut is a rude person who really doesn't want to answer any questions. I've been hung up on mid sentence, I've been told she will call me back and never has. And it seems every Friday she's on vacation.

This is my first time dealing with dcas with this test. So idk! But I'm really starting to get pissed. And there's no direct number to DCAS even tho the automated number says there are representatives available you can't get anyone on the phone, no option to speak to anyone. I do know ms. Chestnut is a rude person who really doesn't want to answer any questions. I've been hung up on mid sentence, I've been told she will call me back and never has. And it seems every Friday she's on vacation.

That's messed up. If anything there should be a special list for ppl on medical hold instead reinstating your name. The doc told me to bring the paper back with the cpap readings now I'll have to reinstate my name and wait even longer smh.

Ps how do you know if the cpap machine is working? What are the requirements or readings the cpap machine has to show?

I went to DCAS yesterday and got my named restored. The gertlemen at that assisted me said I was "removed" because I missed the training courses because of medical hold. But he also said it shows that im in the process so when I go to MTA to Mac and give my paperwork in Monday(I see my Pcp on Saturday) tonight made night number 30 on the cpap. Good luck to all. I'll keep you posted on what happens when I go Monday

I went to DCAS yesterday and got my named restored. The gertlemen at that assisted me said I was "removed" because I missed the training courses because of medical hold. But he also said it shows that im in the process so when I go to MTA to Mac and give my paperwork in Monday(I see my Pcp on Saturday) tonight made night number 30 on the cpap. Good luck to all. I'll keep you posted on what happens when I go Monday

What does 30 on the cpap mean?

18 minutes ago, npola79 said:

hey guys, I had my named restored by DCAS and I was advised by Mrs.Chestnut that once DCAS forwards that information to MTA, I would get called. Approximately how long does it take? Thanks. 

Whenever they call the next 'batch' of people, depending on the hiring needs...

• Harry featured this topic

They are hiring off 4600 again? I thought they sent the list back to DCAS? I had to restore myself to list because my medical condition took more then 3 months to do everything I needed to do. I was told I will need to do the pre employment packet again and drug test as well as medical which is fine. Hopefully I get that letter sooner then later. My list # is 31*5

Edited by FutureBOtoTO

22 hours ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

They are hiring off 4600 again? I thought they sent the list back to DCAS? I had to restore myself to list because my medical condition took more then 3 months to do everything I needed to do. I was told I will need to do the pre employment packet again and drug test as well as medical which is fine. Hopefully I get that letter sooner then later. My list # is 31*5

DCAS always has the list and maintains it - the TA just pulls numbers from it, whenever they need people - that is it.

TA Candidates only deal with DCAS to remove or reinstate their names. 

Edited by 161 New York

56 minutes ago, 161 New York said:

DCAS always has the list and maintains it - the TA just pulls numbers from it, whenever they need people - that is it.

TA Candidates only deal with DCAS to remove or reinstate their names. 

Got it. The guy at the front told me it's like a book they borrow from the library once they finished they give it back. Im wondering if I will be included with the next batch of candidates since they past my list number. Does anybody know exactly how that works exactly?