Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
BusOperator3319

B/O 4600 Hiring Process

+Young+

Attention Folks:

For those of you who are not aware, as per the Active Civil Service List page of the NYC Open Data website, this list has been extended until January 6th, 2021. For those of you who want to restore your name to the list, click here for instructions on how to do so via e-mail. If you wish to do this in person, click here for those instructions.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck and remember to check those mirrors every three to five seconds!!

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

Hey Young. Question for you my friend. You said you knew a driving school that the instructors are former MTA operators correct? A friend of mine is on the list and wants to attend this school with the mta instructors. Do you remember the name of the school?  Thanks man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Invzo1019 said:

Hey Young. Question for you my friend. You said you knew a driving school that the instructors are former MTA operators correct? A friend of mine is on the list and wants to attend this school with the mta instructors. Do you remember the name of the school?  Thanks man. 

1st Choice Driving School in Brooklyn, however, last I heard, they have discontinued their CDL training programs.

Sorry...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

1st Choice Driving School in Brooklyn, however, last I heard, they have discontinued their CDL training programs.

Sorry...

When I use to do the B25 via Fulton street, before you cross Eastern Pkwy I use to see their commercial bus in white parked on the side of the road. Their bus had the front wheels position behind the driver which is similar to the transit buses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day was day 11. All day at union class of 25 only 19 qualified n 5 of 19 has road test 2morrow.  U can no longer go to line training with a permit. Also training is now 6 week's. U get a mentor for two weeks included in ur 6 weeks tomorrow day 12 at zerega. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mtawife said:

Day was day 11. All day at union class of 25 only 19 qualified n 5 of 19 has road test 2morrow.  U can no longer go to line training with a permit. Also training is now 6 week's. U get a mentor for two weeks included in ur 6 weeks tomorrow day 12 at zerega. 

Yes a union rep at my depot was telling me and another probie about the mentor for two weeks of line training 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 4, we did pillar turns.. not bad.. need to drive more caution when near pedestrian .. slow down when potential hazards are around. I'm looking to qualify day 7.. let's c how it goes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scar3face said:

Day 4, we did pillar turns.. not bad.. need to drive more caution when near pedestrian .. slow down when potential hazards are around. I'm looking to qualify day 7.. let's c how it goes.

At least you understand the issue and problems you have work on them and go for it. Make that day 7!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a training bus in front of me this morning on the B41 route during rush hour time on Avenue N. Looks like the Supt had the trainee pull over to the right just so I can pass by and pick up the heavy  load at The bus stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

I had a training bus in front of me this morning on the B41 route during rush hour time on Avenue N. Looks like the Supt had the trainee pull over to the right just so I can pass by and pick up the heavy  load at The bus stop.

That was me I believe, we were serving  bus stop but ppl don't read it's a training bus and kept trying to enter as I open doors lol. So she was let this bus pick them up..it was around 6:40 or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, scar3face said:

That was me I believe, we were serving  bus stop but ppl don't read it's a training bus and kept trying to enter as I open doors lol. So she was let this bus pick them up..it was around 6:40 or something?

I left my first stop at 6:56 so most likely itcwas around 7:05am 

Are you training out of FB? Or JFK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scar3face said:

Jfk depo. But I remember when that happend

If that was your bus, You was on Ralph Avenue and made a right turn at the light onto Avenue N and was trying to pull in the first bus stop and continued to the next one but stop at the corner before the next bus stop, that when I  passed by and went around to service the bus stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup... I didn’t stop cuz a big load and then at the corner made the stop to switch turns... I drove from 6:00 to like 7:10...

i did very good in day 4.. no comments and everything was satisfied. I was like yeaaaah!

33 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

If that was your bus, You was on Ralph Avenue and made a right turn at the light onto Avenue N and was trying to pull in the first bus stop and continued to the next one but stop at the corner before the next bus stop, that when I  passed by and went around to service the bus stop.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was the worst day ever... day 6 I olmost run a red light, I slammed the brakes but supt Gray states she did TB brakes.. I missed up day 6 and now I’m on the run for 8-9.. really sucks and I’m upset with my self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. But it’s  the frustration that is burning my inside... I did all my turns as I should.. and at the end she tells me she pull the brakes on me. ...uff.. but I’ll keep my mind positive and continue with the process..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand. We put pressure on ourselves unnecessarily. I went over a curb on day 6 😅 so nervous about having a perfect day I missed my pivot point oh well I went to day 9 n qualified like I was driving that bus my whole life.  I ran a yellow everyday till day 5. I have my license coming in. But it was Still stressful. Test me if u start everyday with a clear head n take ur Time u will be fine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.