B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2017 at 4:59 PM, Yardyoute2 said:

Hi all, 

My apologies for all these questions, just wanna get everything covered.

I had moved out of state in DEC 2015 and forgot to change my address, I just found out 2 weeks ago that I was called to come in back in OCT 2016 and my listing # was low 1200's. I spoke to Mrs Chestnut and she advised to go down to Center Street and place myself back on the list (Took me like 150 calls to get through to her; however, she was very pleasant and helpful) but I havent been able to get her back to ask additional questions.

I just placed myself back on the listing and got my CDL permit. Do you know if you are offered options of training dates or you just have to take what's offered? I really would like to get my full CDL before I go in, plus I have to work out NY living arrangments and give my current job notice. Do you know if there are any training dates in DEC? Any Idea If all goes well how long it takes from being called in to training? I'm kinda hoping for sometime in JAN so I can get things together.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

I'm sure you know this, but just to be clear, only New York Commercial Driver's Permits are accepted. You must have a Commercial Driver's License CDL for any other state (Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Idaho, Hawaii, etc.)

On 11/18/2017 at 8:20 AM, mtawife said:

Graduated yesterday 16 people 1 person quite. Heard mta Will be hiring 100 people per class till January. Every 2 weeks 

It should be noted that mtawife was hired for MABSTOA, but had TA operators in her class as well.

On another note, I am happy to say that I cleared probation :) Congrats to everyone else in the 10/31/16 class!

On 9/18/2017 at 6:20 PM, FutureBOtoTO said:

I called DCAS to check my status I'm on the list I'm not on an outstanding certification and I have been removed from the list(Ive been on medical hold for more then 3 months for sleep apnea) I'm 2 days away from completing my 30 days of therapy successfully. My thing is how do I reinstate my name if I don't want to write a letter I remember seeing something along the lines that I could I email them? If so that would be great. I was planning on going Monday to MTA to Mac to give my medical paperwork but I also want to get reinstated because I so ready to get in and start my career.. Thanks for the help

Did you go to dcas and did they put you back on outstanding certification?

Hi 161 New York,

I currently hold a NYC CDL permit. Due to the fact that I have never driven anything larger than a car, I wanted to go try get the CDL license before hand. I was told that you are making it harder for yourself without it. Plus if you pass MTA training and fail the Road test your done. 

16 minutes ago, scar3face said:

Cool.. well 4 weeks is a lot when depot only have 4 lines lol .. 

Lol they’ll make you keep doing the line over and over with different run times to get use to different driving theme. Dont be surprised they’ll have you do line training hawk hours too since your depot only has 4 lines. If your depot has school trippers that split with other depot they will probably have you learn that too

15 hours ago, mtawife said:

Graduated yesterday 16 people 1 person quite. Heard mta Will be hiring 100 people per class till January. Every 2 weeks 

Congrats!!!, at least you will be able to pick,I will graduate this Friday 1. And pick ends same day wich means I’ll be in extra list for a good time. Wonder if I can be able to transfer depot.