B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

Negative........ You still dont have the job until you pass the two weeks intense training. If you have vacation weeks from your current employer or short term absent, use it.  

Are you in the Bronx depot?. I’ve been driving for over 10 years started out with greyhound 

31 minutes ago, justdre88 said:

Congrats to all those who are about to start class. I just completed my medical today and will start class on the 26th. I only have my permit so taking lessons before then as much as i can. Ms. Richardson told me you could certify on day 6 and TA gives you 3 chances for the dmv.... how true is this? I heard its only one shot for the road test.

That’s great to hear I go down on the 13th for my physical and final process. They have me scheduled for the same class if all is well with my physical and background 

I agree with justdre88 it was fairly quick. I went on Monday I was number 3 to sign the clipboard. I am actually waiting for my certified disposition. I have a disposiion but that one isn't certified. So unfortunately I couldn't finish the process. Ms. Chestnut said to call when I get my certified disposition.  I know it's in the mail hopefully I recieve it by Friday. So I can hopefully go down there on Monday and finish the process for the next class. 

6 hours ago, Scott24 said:

Are you in the Bronx depot?. I’ve been driving for over 10 years started out with greyhound 

No, I'm in  the Brooklyn Division...5 mins away from home to my respective depot.

That's great, just keep in mind that you have to let that 10 years go during the 10 day training. The Supt can careless if you were an driver instructor or 19A instructor for example how rough they will be. 10 years driving a big commercial vehicle to them means 10 years of bad habits that has been develop. Just go there knowing that you are starting from scratch and do it the way they want it to be done. The good thing for you is that you already have driving experience which is a plus to you, but you have to adopt to the transit way. As long you listen and execute what they are asking for, you will do fine.......

9 hours ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

I agree with justdre88 it was fairly quick. I went on Monday I was number 3 to sign the clipboard. I am actually waiting for my certified disposition. I have a disposiion but that one isn't certified. So unfortunately I couldn't finish the process. Ms. Chestnut said to call when I get my certified disposition.  I know it's in the mail hopefully I recieve it by Friday. So I can hopefully go down there on Monday and finish the process for the next class. 

I went straight to queens crimnal court to get my dispositions. Theyre are certified and it cost me $10. They didnt tell you to go get then then come back? Thats what they told me. If i were u as soon as i get then i would go straight to livingston. Chestnut barley answers the phone

1 hour ago, justdre88 said:

I went straight to queens crimnal court to get my dispositions. Theyre are certified and it cost me $10. They didnt tell you to go get then then come back? Thats what they told me. If i were u as soon as i get then i would go straight to livingston. Chestnut barley answers the phone

I got arrested in PA. I meant to put that, but forgot to that's why I have to wait for it to be mailed. 

12 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

No, I'm in  the Brooklyn Division...5 mins away from home to my respective depot.

That's great, just keep in mind that you have to let that 10 years go during the 10 day training. The Supt can careless if you were an driver instructor or 19A instructor for example how rough they will be. 10 years driving a big commercial vehicle to them means 10 years of bad habits that has been develop. Just go there knowing that you are starting from scratch and do it the way they want it to be done. The good thing for you is that you already have driving experience which is a plus to you, but you have to adopt to the transit way. As long you listen and execute what they are asking for, you will do fine.......

Ok that’s exactly the way I was going to come in cause I don’t know the MTA way so I’ll be a newbie. I’m going to see if I can stay in the Bronx at the gunhill depo 

No you can not qualify on day 6. U have to be perfect day 6 to be able to qualify on day 7.  And you are allowed a maximum of 2 road tests. You get 2 road tests if you qualify on day 7 or 9. If you qualify on day 10 you only get 1 shot at the road test.  Unless they changed it from last year lol. Good luck my friend. 

57 minutes ago, Brooklynbreed1 said:

I have a question do we have to have the medical insurance paperwork filled out before we get to the class or is that done down the line ? Or those it automatically enrolls you in once you have the 90 days 

I was told to have it done before the class and to bring it everyday during that week. She said someone will come and get the folder

2 hours ago, Brooklynbreed1 said:

I have a Quick question do they give hand outs for us to study and if they do can anyone put up the most  important points up thanks in advance 

You'll get a whole book that will outline what you will learn each day. It will be your Bible for the first 10 days, along with your superintendent's instruction. 

On 12/7/2017 at 12:11 PM, Scott24 said:

Ok that’s exactly the way I was going to come in cause I don’t know the MTA way so I’ll be a newbie. I’m going to see if I can stay in the Bronx at the gunhill depo 

Bronx depot are full.. most likely you will be going to manhathan (Tuskegee or Manhattanville) if not you will be force to go Staten Island, all other depots are full at the moment. We picked last Monday. And that’s what they had.

I could say Manhattan are the easy depots when it come to lines, you will be driving straight up and down or crosstown. Not much of right or left turns. BUT is not easy dealing with traffic, bikes and yellow cabs.. it’s really challenge out there need to have your eyes open and follow what zerega told us to do in order to keep our selfs on the job.

48 minutes ago, scar3face said:

I could say Manhattan are the easy depots when it come to lines, you will be driving straight up and down or crosstown. Not much of right or left turns. BUT is not easy dealing with traffic, bikes and yellow cabs.. it’s really challenge out there need to have your eyes open and follow what zerega told us to do in order to keep our selfs on the job.

Thanks for the info @scar3face just been reading past post gathering more info to see what to expect for the 10 day training. I drove for poland spring in the city before so I know about watching out for all the hazardous situations in Manhattan