B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Humbleguy38 said:

anyone that has to take the cdl road teat i heard they made changes checking the engine is now part of the road test

Yes they did. My instructor gave me a helpful handout and assured me that MTA would get me ready after I qualify 

Good luck on day 7 folks..... If you Pre-qualified on day 6, Day 7 should be easier. As long you don’t do any mistakes causing to get trolly brake, or the Supt changing their mind due to an unsafe maneuver, Day 7 should be easy just continue doing what you have been doing. Watch out of pedestrians trying to cross the street or walking on the street instead of the sidewalk due to sidewalks not being cleaned from snow.

Reminder tips:

Assume you’re sitting at the red light and as your scanning your mirrors and you see a bicyclist coming by........”Do not move the bus call it out quickly before the Supt sees it before you and let them pass you”  if the bicycle is ahead of you, just crawl and do not pass the bicyclist.

Right turns, “Setup your turns and understand what needs to be done and avoid mounting curb or high snow” 4ft space is your best friend and will avoid you mounting the curb and etc.

good luck 12/26

Has anyone here recently been thru the medical in the last 2 or so months.  If so I have a few questions for whoever has. If you have lemme know so I can ask u a question or 2 about the medical for a good friend of mine that’s about to go thru the process.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Fun day today I love that new flyer. The rts is cool because I love that steering wheel but not meant for big people lol. The nova I feel like im a captain of a ship lol. I do like like the way they accelerate tho. 

My favorite is the New Flyers XD’s. Operating it feels like your pushing a bens or sport car lol. I hate the RTS, especially the right side mirror. 

59 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

My favorite is the New Flyers XD’s. Operating it feels like your pushing a bens or sport car lol. I hate the RTS, especially the right side mirror. 

Agreed the RTS R/S mirror is a pain in the rear end. It's a workout to get it set properly. 

36 minutes ago, Humbleguy38 said:

RTS are easy to drive once you get use to driving it on a regular bases i work out of JA depot so im use the them

I like the way it feels. I'll be happy to operate whatever they give me. I have to go back to Jamaca Depot at 0830 tomorrow for Day 9.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, Cruz said:

Got my letter today.. I start my process on the 10th.. any info on what to expect gladly appreciate it 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, Cruz said:

Got my letter today.. I start my process on the 10th.. any info on what to expect gladly appreciate it 

Hey Cruz congratulations, what was your list number?! 

Edited by MTA Groupie

41 minutes ago, MTA Groupie said:

Hey Cruz congratulations, what was your list number?! 

On 12/2/2017 at 2:44 PM, Cruz said:

My list number is in the 5000, how long you guys think it would take to reach in the 5000 mark.  I only got the cdl permit, if I end up trying to get the licence with mta, would they train to help you pass for road test?

Hope this answers your question until he/she replies back with a more specific answer. Don't forget to hide the last digit or two in order to hide your identity!!

Example: If your list number is 9,221 (which doesn't exist since they're only about 8,200 candidates on the list), you can reveal your list number as 922*, 922x, 92**, 92xx, etc.