B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah based on a few math example i tried this morning, looks like if you have at least 43 right you might be still in the mix. 43 x 1.66 my only guess is if you got none or 5 wrong your in the high 90s - 100s. 4600 will be a long list that is after the BOSS exam has been giving out before they give us our actual score and list numbers. "Jump in anyone if my math is wrong"

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by DueceDrives

Hey trife86, Staten Island is where I live and hoping to get to once/if I'm hired. Thanks for all the info.

Yea man. You will love it. Trying to help out with info as I'm pretty new myself..

All I can really say for now is you got a long wait in front of you. Although I never took a bus exam I came from a conductor test and they asked if I was interested in bus operator it was a solid 4-5 years to be hired ( mid 80s score)

Hey trife86, Staten Island is where I live and hoping to get to once/if I'm hired. Thanks for all the info.

Yea man. You will love it. Trying to help out with info as I'm pretty new myself..

All I can really say for now is you got a long wait in front of you. Although I never took a bus exam I came from a conductor test and they asked if I was interested in bus operator it was a solid 4-5 years to be hired ( mid 80s score)

Wow thats a long wait.... but woth it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I'm studying to get the cdl permit

That's good, however I would not get it that fast. The reason why is because once you get it, you only have two years to get the licence. After 2 years, if you still want the permit, you have to take the tests all over again. Keep in mind that NYC Transit still has to finish with exam 2613 as well...

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

I would get everything out the way. Thats what im doing at the moment while we wait. You will feel a lot better knowing you have the full official CDL license which will make you proceed if you pass the 7 - 10 day training. With the permit you will be pressured to take the dmv road test if you passed the 7-10 day mta training. The only bad thing is

if you fail the dmv road test while on mta watch, you wont proceed with mta because they wont wait for you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using, Tapatalk 2

I would get everything out the way. Thats what im doing at the moment while we wait. You will feel a lot better knowing you have the full official CDL license which will make you proceed if you pass the 7 - 10 day training. With the permit you will be pressured to take the dmv road test if you passed the 7-10 day mta training. The only bad thing isif you fail the dmv road test while on mta watch, you wont proceed with mta because they wont wait for you.Sent from my SGH-T989 using, Tapatalk 2

I would not stress it . it sounds very tough. But once u pass the MTA 7 day you can do DMV with your eyes closed no joke.

That's good, however I would not get it that fast. The reason why is because once you get it, you only have two years to get the licence. After 2 years, if you still want the permit, you have to take the tests all over again. Keep in mind that NYC Transit still has to finish with exam 2613 as well...

Which is why it is a good idea to work for another bus company that can train you to get your CDL in the meantime. That way, you can get practice in a large bus. It makes sense. That way, when the MTA training takes place, you won't be so nervous. Keep active until they call. It helps.

Yeah, Both my pops and uncle recommand to get the full license out the way. Saves you from worrying about DMV failing you for one mistake which will put an end with mta if they the one paying for you to get the license. I mean everyone has their way about doing it. we do have another year or two before mta start working with 4600 list

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2