Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
BusOperator3319

B/O 4600 Hiring Process

+Young+

Attention Folks:

For those of you who are not aware, as per the Active Civil Service List page of the NYC Open Data website, this list has been extended until January 6th, 2021. For those of you who want to restore your name to the list, click here for instructions on how to do so via e-mail. If you wish to do this in person, click here for those instructions.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck and remember to check those mirrors every three to five seconds!!

Message added by +Young+

Did anyone else notice from the first letter sent last year (Aug 2017) the pay rate was $23.26/hr now it’s $23.84.  I happened to still have my letter from last year. Reinstated my name back on the list 1/2/18.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:16 PM, SevenEleven said:

TA Staten Island Division: ATU Local 726
TA Jamaica, Stengel & Queens Village: ATU Local 1056
MTA Bus JFK & Far Rock: - ATU Local 1179
MTA Bus Spring Creek: - TWU Local 100A

All other MTA Bus Depots NOT mentioned: TWU

That leaves the remaining TA and ALL OA depots: TWU Local 100

Like I said before, if you took this 4600 exam, then you will be hired as a TA Bus Operator, in civil service. Since TA and OA is consolidated, you are allowed to work in an OA depot. On the other hand, if you took the 4105 exam, you will be hired as an OA Bus Operator, and you will still be able to work in a TA depot. They do hire people for TA, OA and MTA Bus and put them in the same class.

All of your letters will state that you are being hired for "Bus Operator (Rev Veh) Twu Local 100. 01-F". This is the official name of the position for payroll purposes. If you transfer to SI or Queens, your title will be changed to reflect the union you belong to. I work in SI and my title is "Bus Operator (Rev Veh)ATU SI02F."

Seriously, let's take the time to educate ourselves and each other....

@mtawife When did the rest of MTA Bus start being represented by TWU?

Regular bus driving, lmao

You are 100 percent right  

Edited by Helen
  • Upvote 1

Like I said .

MTA Bus Company, with three Queens MTA Bus Company depots (Baisley Park, College Point & LaGuardia) being members of Transport Workers Union Local 100

Again. Stop  listening to these think they no shit.  

Google it on Wikipedia. If I said my husband is MTA bus local 100. 10 yrs.

I know wat The hell I'm talking about

Finally finished probation. The longest year I ever had. Congratulations to 3/20/17 class who completed probation...:):)

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, dissa2000 said:

Finally finished probation. The longest year I ever had. Congratulations to 3/20/17 class who completed probation...:):)

Congratulations! Welcome to the party, definitely the longest year ever.

3 minutes ago, mastap123 said:

Congratulations on completing your probation 

cant wait to complete mines July can’t come sooner

It'll come sooner then you know it I'm 3 months in. Right after Christmas is when I complete probation. 

Went in 3/20/18 for exam number 4600 bus operator did drug test was told i should hear something from them via call or email btw 3 to 90 days my question is does it take that long from the to take up to 90 days to get in contact with you for medical and 4600 is for T.A its not O.A a few people asked yesterday 

6 minutes ago, Bk Eny said:

Went in 3/20/18 for exam number 4600 bus operator did drug test was told i should hear something from them via call or email btw 3 to 90 days my question is does it take that long from the to take up to 90 days to get in contact with you for medical and 4600 is for T.A its not O.A a few people asked yesterday 

It can be as short as 2 weeks. I did my entire hire process (including an extra drug test) in August for a 9/6 start date. 

Thanks SevenEleven I appricate the info just want to get the call and start this process yesterday was a very long day as well in 180 to do pre employment application and drug test good luck to everyone who was in there yesterday 3/20/18

What I’m about to write has nothing to do with the topics 1st and foremost I will like to give thanks to everyone who applied information on this forum the information was  beneficial to me 🙏🏽Why I’m writing on the forum is because I was at 180  Livingston Street for  pre-employment on 03/21/18  and I met this person who didn’t mind giving up information about the training process i forget to ask the person their name but I want to thank the person for the informative information I will applied the Knowledge

Thank you 

hope you see this✌🏽✌🏽

6 minutes ago, Helen said:

What I’m about to write has nothing to do with the topics 1st and foremost I will like to give thanks to everyone who applied information on this forum the information was  beneficial to me 🙏🏽Why I’m writing on the forum is because I was at 180  Livingston Street for  pre-employment on 03/21/18  and I met this person who didn’t mind giving up information about the training process i forget to ask the person their name but I want to thank the person for the informative information I will applied the Knowledge

Thank you 

hope you see this✌🏽✌🏽

So why you aint share it lol

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 161 New York said:

Congratulations! Welcome to the party, definitely the longest year ever.

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈🎉 to the ones that’s just finish probation.. have an advice for the rookies or those who is still waiting to come in.... 

2 hours ago, MTA Groupie said:

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈🎉 to the ones that’s just finish probation.. have an advice for the rookies or those who is still waiting to come in.... 

Graduation should be the absolute last paperwork you should do till you retire. 

Getchanosediirtyy4ft just responding to your question yes I got a email on Friday march 30 to go back down for medical on Thursday April 5 So yes just continue to check your email good luck everyone 

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2018 at 9:20 PM, Bk Eny said:

Getchanosediirtyy4ft just responding to your question yes I got a email on Friday march 30 to go back down for medical on Thursday April 5 So yes just continue to check your email good luck everyone w