B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just went in for my pre-employment and drug testing at 180 Livingston on wednesday Aug. 15. If i remember reading correctly in the past that It usually takes anywhere to a  week to 3 months to get called back for medical. Correct? Also any idea the email address i should be looking for for that follow up? 

I just went in Wednesday Aug 15 for phase one of the pre-employment process and did my paperwork and drug testing. Today i just recieved through email an conditional offer of employment and to come in for a medical evaluation for this week Thursday Aug. 23. Didnt expect this email so soon. Pretty excited. 

21 hours ago, leaniel3209 said:

Any one knows whats the list number they up to in exam 4600 , i wonder how long it takes after drug test to medical and what happens in medical the second phase if the process

Call (212) 669-1357 to see what list number they are up to. I recieved an email 5 days after my drug test to report in 3 days so 8 days after phase 1(drug testing)

11 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

Ohh ok , i freaked out for a minute lol , im list number in the 7000s 

Yea just call (212)669-1357 right now, Its off hours so its an automated system, theyll tell u to type in your ss# then the Exam# and you can find out there what number they are up to. 

54 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

@JG116 what is your list number if dont mind cause i went on tiesday the 14th and i didnt get emails 

Ohhh ok yea....the subject will say “TA Bus Operator”. I didnt get it from a Ms Chestnut like most people did. So go slowly when checking your mail, i almost deleted it by accident smh. I got the email from an worker named  Ronald St. Jean.

On 8/19/2018 at 9:24 PM, leaniel3209 said:

Any one knows whats the list number they up to in exam 4600 , i wonder how long it takes after drug test to medical and what happens in medical the second phase if the process

Click here. There are a lot of links, but I hope all of it is helpful in answering your questions.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, MTA Groupie said:

Evening all... my list number 71** and I just got a letter to start pre-employment for the 27th of July. So please check your mailbox 

The above post, which can be found here, should answer your question.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, JG116 said:

Yea just call (212)669-1357 right now, Its off hours so its an automated system, theyll tell u to type in your ss# then the Exam# and you can find out there what number they are up to. 

I usually call the evening of the first Sunday of every month when it's updated. I called earlier this month, and, according to their automated system, they are up to the 6700's. Personally, between you and me, I find this site more helpful than that automated system, which is normally updated once a month.

2 hours ago, Humbleguy38 said:

Probation finally over a weight lifted off my shoulders 

Congrats!! Make sure you don't forget about us!!

Edited by +Young+

5 hours ago, Humbleguy38 said:

Probation finally over a weight lifted off my shoulders 

Congrats!  After medical and everything checks out Any idea how about long after do they call you in for the 7-10 day bus training. 

After medical or once you do medical they finger print you and if everything good you take the oath right there and they will tell you when is the next class to report , as of now the next class is sept, 3rd , i was told that on august 14th when i went for drug test , i have not been called yet or emailed for medicsl , whats your list number?

24 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

After medical or once you do medical they finger print you and if everything good you take the oath right there and they will tell you when is the next class to report , as of now the next class is sept, 3rd , i was told that on august 14th when i went for drug test , i have not been called yet or emailed for medicsl , whats your list number?

I was orginally supposed to report last year but had to restore name on list. Im list #2***. I went for drug test on august 15th, tommorow aug 23 i go in for medical. I get fingerprinted tommorow as well or come back for that?