B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bk Eny said:

NiSeveneleven yes that's just a way D.M.V does it until you pass your road test and let me just say I just went thru this whole process with the training I had only a cdl permit never drove a bus a day in my life did the training qualified in day seven mind you this is someone that never ever drove a bus went to eastchester to start training for my road test took about 2 weeks after I qualified on day seven and let me just say them guys will prepare you with the tools to pass this road test trust me it's up to you to pay attention and listen the two superintendents Frank and Larry are good trust me so I took my road test on September 5 and I passed the first try so I am driving nowout of Grand Ave depot just take everything they tell you and keep it when you taking your road test and you will be fine 

You def right!! And the dmv test people are not there to try to fail you they cool

54 minutes ago, GJb said:

You def right!! And the dmv test people are not there to try to fail you they cool

Thats good... Seems like things has changed compared to the past. There use to be an examiner who they called “The Terminator” use to give MTA bus operators a hard time passing the road test. 

11 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

Thats good... Seems like things has changed compared to the past. There use to be an examiner who they called “The Terminator” use to give MTA bus operators a hard time passing the road test. 

Terminator still there i had him and i passed he ok just aint as Lenient as the others 

19 hours ago, Antony said:

HI EVERYONE, I GOT MY CDL PERMIT THIS WEEK, BUT THEY PUT 3 RESSTRICTIONS ON IT , ONE IS A3, P AND N ANYBODY KNOWS IF THIS IS OKEY AND HOW CAN I GET IT WITH NO RESTRICTIONS; THANKS 

9 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

I'm not sure how the last two come into play being that you have your passenger endorsement. Or if this is the way that DMV are issuing permits until you pass the road test. Take it to pre-employment and see what they say. You're probably not the first person with this particular situation. 

This is what happened to me:

Back in February of 2014, as a result of taking Bus Operator Exam 2613, I went through the training with a Class A Permit with a "P" endorsement, since my former employer encouraged me to get the Class A CDL. When I failed the 10-day training session, I went ahead and took the road test in a tractor-trailer, in which I had a "P" endorsement with a N2 restriction. Approximately a year later, I returned to DMV, and when I returned, with their 'new' Endorsement and Restriction Changes (click here for more information), my initial license stayed the same, however the permit that I was given had the "N" "P" & "S" endorsements with the "M" "P" & "X" restrictions (click here and scroll to the second page for a full list of the endorsements and restrictions). After successfully passing my second CDL road test in a bus, I was given, and still have, a Class A CDL, in which I now have all of the endorsements (Metal Coil, Passenger, School Bus, Doubles/Triples, Tow Truck & Tank/Hazmat).

Therefore, if you get any additional restrictions on your permit, it is fine and it's only temporary. As it states on the first link, the "P" & "X" restrictions will be removed once you successfully take and pass your road test.

8 hours ago, Bk Eny said:

NiSeveneleven yes that's just a way D.M.V does it until you pass your road test and let me just say I just went thru this whole process with the training I had only a cdl permit never drove a bus a day in my life did the training qualified in day seven mind you this is someone that never ever drove a bus went to eastchester to start training for my road test took about 2 weeks after I qualified on day seven and let me just say them guys will prepare you with the tools to pass this road test trust me it's up to you to pay attention and listen the two superintendents Frank and Larry are good trust me so I took my road test on September 5 and I passed the first try so I am driving nowout of Grand Ave depot just take everything they tell you and keep it when you taking your road test and you will be fine 

Congrats!! Good for you!!

NiSeveneleven thans for your great answers, listen I got the appointment to go to 180 in Brooklyn, filled out the documents and was given the brown envelope but on the question for pending ticket I put one that I recently got  witch is 4 points, they gave me a letter to take care of it and call back to proceed, i took a court date for February i plan on hiring a lawyer to fight it, but Think they allow 4 points but I don’t know if to pay it or wait till February and try to win it and have my license clean 

2 hours ago, Antony said:

NiSeveneleven thans for your great answers, listen I got the appointment to go to 180 in Brooklyn, filled out the documents and was given the brown envelope but on the question for pending ticket I put one that I recently got  witch is 4 points, they gave me a letter to take care of it and call back to proceed, i took a court date for February i plan on hiring a lawyer to fight it, but Think they allow 4 points but I don’t know if to pay it or wait till February and try to win it and have my license clean 

How long would they wait for you to take care of pending tickets

10 minutes ago, Antony said:

I was called in may And my number was 65**

In an effort to hide your identity, since anyone can view this website, please do not disclose the last digit or two of your list number.

In addition, when you're asked what your list number is, you can say something as "My list number is in the 6500's" or "My list number is in between 6500 and 6600" or something to that nature.

Thank you.

I am 52** and got called in January, they said they sent me a letter which I never got, found out in late July through this forum and had to get my number restored, which it did and goes back to its original spot, but was told it won’t be until sometime in 2019......

Lol contacted dcas they said im on the list already that he dont know why they say that , that they tell everyone that cause they dont check the system everyone that calls they tell them call dcas , thats crazy , cause before i contacted dcas i had call mta a lady call ms chestnut  she send me to call dcas and also said they not hiring now they start october 15th , i know they busy over at livingston but they should say the right thing and do their job the right way

37 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

Lol contacted dcas they said im on the list already that he dont know why they say that , that they tell everyone that cause they dont check the system everyone that calls they tell them call dcas , thats crazy , cause before i contacted dcas i had call mta a lady call ms chestnut  she send me to call dcas and also said they not hiring now they start october 15th , i know they busy over at livingston but they should say the right thing and do their job the right way

If you're having trouble, I would encourage you to contact Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Executive Vice President of Human Resources. Her information can be found here.

Good luck...