B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2019 at 8:54 AM, Antony said:

Thank you so much Young for your answer,  when I call the DCAS number they tell me that my name has being marked as not qualified for certification from this list , is it because I wasn’t ready at that time?

Hey young, I checked that dcas website my name is there, what should I look for or keep an eye on?  Thanks for your answer 

11 minutes ago, Antony said:

Hey young, I checked that dcas website my name is there, what should I look for or keep an eye on?  Thanks for your answer 

So when you type "04600" in the search box on the top right, your name comes up with a certification sequence number of less than 122?

6 hours ago, Antony said:

I emailed them to restore my name but I haven’t got that confirmation letter yet

So you probably not only did it recently, but you also missed the cut-off point as well. Next time the HR Department requests names from DCAS, you should be included in that list.

19 hours ago, +Young+ said:

So you probably not only did it recently, but you also missed the cut-off point as well. Next time the HR Department requests names from DCAS, you should be included in that list.

Thanks young for all that info 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.. update for everyone, I restored my name in early January due a pending ticket I had when they first called me in July,2018. On March 15 I got a phone call to report to 180 Livingston st. to start pre-employment on Monday the 18th. On Wednesday the 20th I received another call via Chestnut to come back on Monday the 25th to do medical and finish the pre-employment process. That day I finish, got my pass number and all to start class on Monday April 1.

list:71**

Edited by MTA Groupie

22 minutes ago, MTA Groupie said:

Hello all.. update for everyone, I restored my name in early January due a pending ticket I had when they first called me in July,2018. On March 15 I got a phone call to report to 180 Livingston st. to start pre-employment on Monday the 18th. On Wednesday the 20th I received another call via Chestnut to come back on Monday the 25th to do medical and finish the pre-employment process. That day I finish, got my pass number and all to start class on Monday April 1.

Good Luck... 

1 hour ago, MTA Groupie said:

Hello all.. update for everyone, I restored my name in early January due a pending ticket I had when they first called me in July,2018. On March 15...

Congrats!! With a list number in the 1600's, I would have probably been in the same boat as you if it wasn't for this incident that took place...I'll keep you folks updated regarding my status...

On 3/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, GJb said:

Good Luck... 

Congratulations 

On 3/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, +Young+ said:

Congrats!! With a list number in the 1600's, I would have probably been in the same boat as you if it wasn't for this incident that took place...I'll keep you folks updated regarding my status...

Edited by Antony

On 3/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, MTA Groupie said:

Congratulations, I went through same thing got called for an interview back in June with my list number in the 6***, and got a letter to call when ready, may I ask you how you restored your name to the list? 

2 hours ago, Antony said:

Congratulations, I went through same thing got called for an interview back in June with my list number in the 6***, and got a letter to call when ready, may I ask you how you restored your name to the list? 

I emailed DCAS at certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. With my name, SSN #, exam #, list#, and the reason why for restoring my name.. A few days later I called DCAS to see if they received the email (spoke to someone). Last the following week (after Sunday) I listened to automatic system to see if my name was really restored... ( some people say you get a letter from DCAS saying your number was restored but I never did as why I went the way I did)

Edited by MTA Groupie

You have to go to Centre street in Manhattan and restore it. They will give You a receipt 🧾 and send a letter in the mail. Go there in person. That is the best way to know everything wemt through. 1 Centre Street. 21st floor. 

Edited by MasterKhem
Wanted to add something in.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:54 PM, MasterKhem said:

You have to go to Centre street in Manhattan and restore it. They will give You a receipt 🧾 and send a letter in the mail. Go there in person. That is the best way to know everything wemt through. 1 Centre Street. 21st floor. 

True, that's the best way If you want confirmation. However, you can email them. I restored my name twice thru email and they send me letters that I was restored.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 10:06 PM, Antony said:

Hi young, so I went down to dcas to find out about my name restore and they told me that I did not get a confirmation letter because I was never removed from the list, I was marked as not qualified for the job when I went down there, because I didn’t have the CDL permit, but since i got it now they already removed that condition, so is it the same as restoring your name back to the list?

25 minutes ago, Antony said:

Hi young, so I went down to dcas to find out about my name restore and they told me that I did not get a confirmation letter because I was never removed from the list, I was marked as not qualified for the job when I went down there, because I didn’t have the CDL permit, but since i got it now they already removed that condition, so is it the same as restoring your name back to the list?

I don't think so, because you were never removed from the list. Therefore, if I was you, although it's going to be annoying, I would get a hold of somebody at Livingston Street, either at 347-643-8229/30/31/32 or Ms. Chestnut at 347-643-8213 and see what they have to say.

Believe it or not, my name was not removed from the list either especially after this incident took place. Interesting, right?

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

I don't think so, because you were never removed from the list. Therefore, if I was you, although it's going to be annoying, I would get a hold of somebody at Livingston Street, either at 347-643-8229/30/31/32 or Ms. Chestnut at 347-643-8213 and see what they have to say.

Believe it or not, my name was not removed from the list either especially after this incident took place. Interesting, right?

It is, thanks young, I will try to call someone at Livingston 

• 2 weeks later...

i took and passed test 4600 and i got called back February 2017 i didn't have my cdl yet and my dumb ass got a 6 point speeding ticket in may 2017......i went down to 180 Livingston 19 months after the ticket (January 2019) and they said defensive driving class means nothing and i have to be 3 years removed from the ticket which would be may 2020 and the test expires January 2020.....so does this mean im 100% done for 4600 ? is there anything i could do ?  

40 minutes ago, Uptowndude said:

i took and passed test 4600 and i got called back February 2017 i didn't have my cdl yet and my dumb ass got a 6 point speeding ticket in may 2017......i went down to 180 Livingston 19 months after the ticket (January 2019) and they said defensive driving class means nothing and i have to be 3 years removed from the ticket which would be may 2020 and the test expires January 2020.....so does this mean im 100% done for 4600 ? is there anything i could do ?  

You can try to reinstate your name back on the list by contacting both DCAS and The HR dept at livingston.