B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Uptowndude said:

no i dont they come off in 18 months......this is 23 months later

Than you should be good to go. I know someone who's operating a bus right now had 9 points and his CDL was revoke..... I don't know how he managed to get it back but now he's operating out of E NY depot.

4 hours ago, Uptowndude said:

did they get those points after already having the job or before ?

Before the job.

And just to give a friendly reminder, while on the job its your duty to protect that license since transit will monitor your license all the time. They even pay to renew your CDL when your license expired, so that should tell you how close they monitor your driver license. The state is expecting you to be professional while you are off duty driving your personal vehicle while employed with MTA. 

• Harry featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MTAdude said:

Is there still time to get the CDL, restore my name on 4600 and be called before the exam expires January 2020?

Thanks

With the fact that this list expires on January 6th, 2020, there still is time!! As far as getting the CDL, that's on you...worse comes to worse, you can show up at 180 Livingston Street with a permit, and then tell them at Zerega that you passed the CDL road test. IMHO, it'll be a little 'tight' as far as timing is concerned, however it can be done, depending upon which driving school you choose. (Send me a PM if you want more information on this.)

As far as restoring your name to the list, not only would I encourage you to click here to find out how to do this, but I would also encourage you to do this ASAP!! The reason why is because, if you click here and if you type in "04600" in the search box on the top right, followed by pressing "enter," you'll see that for the past calendar year, they requested a list of names for this exam from DCAS twice, and this list expires in six months!!

If I had to take an educated guess, the HR office will probably request another list of names for this exam either once or twice and that will be it. And if they don't, especially with this incident that took place, you won't be the only one that will be disappointed...trust me.

Edited by +Young+

• 2 months later...

For the folks that are still waiting to be hired off of this list, or have restored their name to this list, I have good news!!

If you look at the Civil Service List Certification page of the NYC Open Data website, as of September 18th, NYC Transit has requested 700 names for "Bus Operator" from DCAS. Since this list is older compared to B/O 7612, the names for the first 101 candidates come from this list.

Best of luck to everyone and make sure to watch your mailboxes!!

On 9/23/2019 at 4:28 PM, +Young+ said:

For the folks that are still waiting to be hired off of this list, or have restored their name to this list, I have good news!!

If you look at the Civil Service List Certification page of the NYC Open Data website, as of September 18th, NYC Transit has requested 700 names for "Bus Operator" from DCAS. Since this list is older compared to B/O 7612, the names for the first 101 candidates come from this list.

Best of luck to everyone and make sure to watch your mailboxes!!

With the fact that my name finally got restored to the list, especially after this incident taking place, in addition to the fact that the drug test laboratory was "backed up" when I initially reported on Thursday, February 21st, I just got a phone call and text message to report for pre-employment on Monday at 7:30 AM.

Good luck everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...

Got reinstated back on the list and went for pre employment back on Friday October 4th. Got a call and an email to come back today Monday October 14th for medical and final processing. Just got cleared by medical and now I'm just waiting on the final processing phase!

14 minutes ago, kaynyce91 said:

Got reinstated back on the list and went for pre employment back on Friday October 4th. Got a call and an email to come back today Monday October 14th for medical and final processing. Just got cleared by medical and now I'm just waiting on the final processing phase!

Hold up. Today is a holiday. All city, state offices are closed for the day. That includes (MTA)

10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Hold up. Today is a holiday. All city, state offices are closed for the day. That includes (MTA)

This is true. But when I was called, I was told to come in on monday (Columbus day) for medical and final processing. There was a lot of people there today for various titles. However when I got called back up to the desk after finishing my medical and giving them my paperwork for final processing, I was told that the lady who does final processing for my title (TA Bus Operator) wasn't in. I was told I would get a call back by the end of this week. So we'll see.

10 hours ago, kaynyce91 said:

This is true. But when I was called, I was told to come in on monday (Columbus day) for medical and final processing. There was a lot of people there today for various titles. However when I got called back up to the desk after finishing my medical and giving them my paperwork for final processing, I was told that the lady who does final processing for my title (TA Bus Operator) wasn't in. I was told I would get a call back by the end of this week. So we'll see.

That’s a copy. Best of luck to you. 

So I went for my medical on Monday October 14th and was cleared by the doctor. I brought my paperwork up for final processing, had it looked over and told to have a seat and wait to be called. When called back up to the desk, I was told the lady who handles final processing for my title (TA Bus Operator) was out that day and I should expect a call to come back by the end of this week. Today is friday the 18th and still haven't heard anything from anyone smh.

1 minute ago, kaynyce91 said:

So I went for my medical on Monday October 14th and was cleared by the doctor. I brought my paperwork up for final processing, had it looked over and told to have a seat and wait to be called. When called back up to the desk, I was told the lady who handles final processing for my title (TA Bus Operator) was out that day and I should expect a call to come back by the end of this week. Today is friday the 18th and still haven't heard anything from anyone smh.

Have you tried calling them (347-643-8229) to see what happens? In addition, if you are "pissed" at them, have you considered reaching out to the Inspector General to let them know of how "Employment Operations" treats their potential candidates?

Hello to all,

Someone I know told me that they was called to come down for the medical screening for this exam (4600) and while filling out the questionnaire they checked that they had higher than normal blood pressure.

Although All test taking was cleared including the blood pressure. When they seen the last doctor, he told them that because they expressed a blood pressure issue that they have to get tested( on their own) for Sleep apnea. Have anyone else experienced this type of situation during the medical screening for this title?

thanks in advance and good luck to all

On 10/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, +Young+ said:

Have you tried calling them (347-643-8229) to see what happens? In addition, if you are "pissed" at them, have you considered reaching out to the Inspector General to let them know of how "Employment Operations" treats their potential candidates?

I actually call (347-643-8523) to attempt to catch Mrs Rivera, who is the manager of employment operations at 180 Livingston. I can never get thru to her, even when I call first thing in the morning and I never got a response to emails I sent and no call backs for voicemails I've left for her. List expires in January 2020, so time is not exactly on my side.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, bkdirect said:

Hello to all,

Someone I know told me that they was called to come down for the medical screening for this exam (4600) and while filling out the questionnaire they checked that they had higher than normal blood pressure.

Although All test taking was cleared including the blood pressure. When they seen the last doctor, he told them that because they expressed a blood pressure issue that they have to get tested( on their own) for Sleep apnea. Have anyone else experienced this type of situation during the medical screening for this title?

thanks in advance and good luck to all

From reading several posts on this website, if your body mass index is above 35.0 or your neck size is greater than 17 inches and your blood pressure is not between 110/70 and 130/90, they will send you for sleep apnea testing. Therefore, since your friend mentioned that he has higher than normal blood pressure, this is an automatic red flag for the Medical Assessment Center. On the other hand, if your friend takes care of him/herself, then this should have never happened to begin with.

14 hours ago, kaynyce91 said:

I actually call (347-643-8523) to attempt to catch Mrs Rivera, who is the manager of employment operations at 180 Livingston. I can never get thru to her, even when I call first thing in the morning and I never got a response to emails I sent and no call backs for voicemails I've left for her. List expires in January 2020, so time is not exactly on my side.

I'll agree 100% that timing is not on your side...if anything, I would still reach out to the Inspector General. As a result, if they look into this and they find Ms. Rivera guilty, hopefully this will not happen again to another innocent candidate in the future.

Edited by +Young+
Clarification

Finally got in touch with Ms Rivera today and she told me that she was told by Management that they were still "reviewing my package" and that I should get a response either by email or by phone call with the outcome of the review next week. Looks like I still gotta play the waiting game and it also looks like I may have to take another drug test since they're only good for 30 days. My first drug test was on October 4th. 

35 minutes ago, kaynyce91 said:

Finally got in touch with Ms Rivera today and she told me that she was told by Management that they were still "reviewing my package" and that I should get a response either by email or by phone call with the outcome of the review next week. Looks like I still gotta play the waiting game and it also looks like I may have to take another drug test since they're only good for 30 days. My first drug test was on October 4th. 

Interesting...please keep us posted.

• 1 month later...