B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all of those who passed, and to those who wish they did better, please keep in mind that this answer key is just the proposed answer key. the MTA may throw out questions so until the final answer key comes out you have a idea of how well you did.

what if you got a 100

The final answer key will be posted when the list is established, which can take up to 9 months.

The proposed keys for this exam will be published on January 23, 2014. Please refer to your ‘Candidate’s Record of Answers’ sheet to compare your answers to the proposed key answers. The final key answers will not be published until the list is established.

what if you got a 100

Just hope none of the question you got right gets changed to a different answer after somebody protested it. LOL

So when do you suspect the final answer key will come out?

I can't even take a guess, I took the Trackworker# 3600 test last April 2013. The finial answer key is still not out yet.

Hey guys, new to the forum however ive been snooping for a few months.

I got 4 wrong on the 4600 exam. Is this good? Do I have a legit shot on getting on the job? Id like some opinions as im pretty satisfied with the score but would like input from others.

Also, whats the best way to study for the BOSS exam? Books available?

Congratulations to all who did well!

Can Anyone on this thread that's on the job tell me about the boss exam

BOSS exam is psychologic test, where they ask the same question more than 4/5 times. The answers are based on strongly agree agree, disagree and etc. Many people fails if their answer are not consistance to the question they ask perhap 3 different times

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I remember from the previous exam you get a list number first then you get a notice in the mail to take the BOSS exam.

When the testing was done under DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services), this is correct.

However, this was NOT the case for exam 2613. After taking the test in January of 2013, we took the BOSS in June 2013. Then the list came out on October 30th, 2013 and they called the first group of people a couple of weeks after that.

So how many questions can they actually drop? I know question number 2 for Saturday PM didnt make sence according to the time table that was on the booklet.

For the most part everything else was reading comprehensive besides the bus map questions and the 12 codes questions..Anyone want to give their opinion?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2