B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

^ Exactly. I'll just play a puppet and do as told, period. In all honesty, even if I do have my CDL, I'm going to listen 100% anyway, especially because it's not like my CDL would be acquired from driving a City Bus. It would be from driving a school bus which is obviously very different anyway.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know of any name of school bus company that will train? Cause I try to find one but no success

My suggestion is that you go to a school bus company that will train you to get your class B.

Masterkhem do you know any names of one that will train cause I was unable to find one

Hey whats up folks? 

Just wanted to update a few informaton.

If you are still stuck on how to figure out your currently score. Here's a little example on how to figure out what you scored.

Remember, the Final Answer key has not been release,  MTA may drop some questions which may change 

your current score.

-If you got 45 questions correct, then 45 divided by 60 equals 0.75. Turn this decimal to a percent and you get 75%.
-If you got 48 questions correct, then 48 divided by 60 equals 0.8. Turn this decimal to a percent - 80%.
-If you got 54 questions correct, then 54 divided by 60 equals 0.9. Turn this decimal to a percent - 90%.

So remember Score may change depending if MTA does drop any question(s) on the exam. A Boss Exam will be giving out in order to receive your actual List number.

Also Those who are interesting about how the BOSS exam works, Please PM me and I will give you a few information regarding a Prep class that may take place in March.
Edited by DueceDrives

-If you got 45 questions correct, then 45 divided by 60 equals 0.75. Turn this decimal to a percent and you get 75%.

-If you got 48 questions correct, then 48 divided by 60 equals 0.8. Turn this decimal to a percent - 80%.
-If you got 54 questions correct, then 54 divided by 60 equals 0.9. Turn this decimal to a percent - 90%.

First of all, why did you copy and paste information from someone's e-mail message without giving proper, or due credit? You know that this is plagiarism, right? And guess what? I (YoungNYCSubwayFan, am also NewNY2584) who sent out the e-mail to begin with!! How dare you do this!!

In addition, folks, there is no need to send anyone a PM for inforation about a prep class for the BOSS exam. Just send an e-mail to mtanycexamclass@gmail.com. That's all.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Are you kidding me Young! For you to say such negative comment on a thread which we all are being helpful to EACH other with information. Now you took this way over your head especially on forum where everyone shares information.

P.S. hoping me to not make it to mta is pure hate and I would never wish anyone that especially when it comes to employment!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It seems like people always wants to make a thread be all negative when everyone is trying to get to the right place. I wont be sharing anymore information nor suggestion on the forum. Good luck and see some of you on the other side.

Edited by DueceDrives

Are you kidding me Young! For you to say such negative comment on a thread which we all are being helpful to EACH other with information. Now you took this way over your head especially on forum where everyone shares information. P.S. hoping me to not make it to mta is pure hate and I would never wish anyone that especially when it comes to employment! Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

You know what the consequences of plagiarism are, right? I just feel it is truly disrespectful and you hurt my feelings as well. At least you could have mentioned in your previous post something like "someone e-mailed me this easy way on how to calculate my score, which is..." If you mentioned this, then not only are you not taking the credit for coming up with this, but also you are giving proper (or due) credit to someone else.

In addition, if you look at post # 712 (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/41175-bus-operator-exam-4600/page-72), why couldn't you just quote me? 

Youngnycsubway fan what do we state in the email about the boss exam u mentioned ?

All you have to mention is that you are interested in taking the class and you found about it through this website (nyctransitforums.com). They should reply back with all of the information. It can be very brief, a sentence or two will do.

Took today 2 hours lesson behind the wheels. Fun Fun Fun!

Good to see yiur stilk posting :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Lol sorry too many coronas I meant gIad to see your still on here posting. And not in jail for pledjurism. ...... :) ... Young hope you can take a joke your a very knowledgeable appreciate you. Please fogive DDrives. Cheers ... . :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk