B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Experience is always a good thing in any occupation. Every major transportation company provide training according to there policy and state laws. Not everyone will learn to operate a transit vehicle in the time alloted by MTA and according to there standard, however with that being said its not impossible its just my strong opinion that getting train before TA is a plus.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

And very, very helpful. Learning the anatomy of the bus is a major things with all bus companies. The more time you have doing it, the better off. I encourage all permit holders to get practice!!!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are all sharing facts, which is a good thing. Theres a few commercial auto school out there willing to work out a deal in a package for lesson. I myself paid a good decent package which includes the rental and dmv road test. And I can understand when it comes to financial situation especially if you are not currently employed.

But masterkhem and Man has pointers. The more experience you have behind a 40ft or whatever the rig your driving, the smoother you will be when mta calls you for training.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I work for Hillsborough Area Regional Transit in tampa Florida and before I got hire they told me I needed my cdl permit before training that they will give me my cdl license. Well not every company is the same but for what I know the government pay a incentive to public transit to trainee you and give you a cdl license. I'm sure the MTA gets incentives as well. So my advice is to don't go crazy if don't have the money for classes just get your cdl permit and I think you guys will be fine. I think all you need is a clean record, clean license and free of drugs and in shape and you'll be fine.

Young u better hope u pass with that permit with no type of experience .okay u depending on the mta gud luck.homie

I don't see why he can't hundreds of drivers done it before and there are drivers that came in with their CDL and couldn't pass the 7-10 so it'll always come down to the individual

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

Young I was reading your earlier post why were u placed on medical hold ?

The TA physician thought I had some muscle spasm in my left leg. I went to a neurologist, and it turned out that it was negative. That's all.

What did not help at all was that it was very hard for me to get an ASAP appointment with the neurologist, since he has a lot of other patients. That's why it took so long.

90 :: busman...peace.

Yeah! I scored higher than you!! Which means a lower list # for 4600 compared to me!!

And if you folks want to get your CDL license, you have plenty of time because everyone that took Exam 2613, and passed the civil service exam and the BOSS exam including myself, have priority over all of you. In addition, before you folks make your final decision, I would encourage you to re-read posts # 895 and 896 on page 90. (Hint: One of those posts was written by someone who works for another Transit company in Florida, compared to someone else who probably has very little experience in a Transit company to begin with asking all of you to "Please get your CDL licenses.")

The last thing I have to say is, for all of you who took the exam and are hoping to get a position, consider yourselves lucky. The main reason why is because approximately 10% of the people who took exam 2613 passed, which is 3,621 people. If Human Resources goes through 200 people a month (estimate), the 2613 list will be finished in 18 months. Now if 25% of the people that took exam 2613 passed, that number would be around 9,000. If that was the case, then NYC Transit would not have given this exam to begin with so soon after exam 2613 was given.

I hate snow! Im hearing this weekend we having another storm?

Is this at all relevant to the topic?

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Yes it is. Why are you acting like a bully on the net? on top of that on a free forum? Good job proceeding with 2613 but theres no need to brush it on people here. Can we please drop the subject regarding to get your license or not. Everyone is entitled to do whats best for them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Can we please drop the subject regarding to get your license or not. Everyone is entitled to do whats best for them.

Yes, please. The facts have been presented, we have expressed our opinions several times and that's that.

Young u are a little girl.damm u are going in for something like that.u must b stress over what the mta did to u .im sorry u dont have a list number for the 2613 i guess they push u back for 5 more months.im sorry litte girl...

List #? I have it, 27*. And the MTA is pushing me back 5 more months? I don't know about you Mr. White, who scored a 78% on 2613, but I'm going to Zerega within the next couple of weeks for B/O Training!!! And the MTA pushed me back 5 more months? Wow...

And, Mr. White, are you going to Zerega anytime soon for B/O Training? Are you?

I guess will be a long wait to get called for those who passed exam 4600? 2015? Thank god I only got a few wrong. Good luck to all.. If it's meant to be it will be.

Well, they started calling candidates from exam 2613 in November of 2013. If they go through 200 people a month (estimate), and there are 3,621 names on that list, it will take them approximately 18 months, which means that the earliest they  will call people from the 4600 list will probably be June of 2015.

.i heard they push u to the end of the line.

How can they if I have already been through final processing and going to 750 Zerega Avenue within the next couple of weeks for training?

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan