B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young congrats to you and white stop hating.

Thanks! That's not a problem, as long as someone else (not mentioning any names) will not only stop being our 'rep', but also stop telling us that we all must get our CDL Licenses, which is not true. That's all...

I'm back like i left something,young u little girl u still talking.mann listen win yourself.u going hard for this u bum.get the job firt with your permit u cheap as- and tell your girlfriend teegrid stop hating where did she come from.yall hater.this last comment that im going talk about yall girls.see yall at training

Hey do me a favor and slow your roll. Keyboard warrior tactics dont help in a transit employment discussion. You're cluttering up my read here.

I'm back like i left something,young u little girl u still talking.mann listen win yourself.u going hard for this u bum.get the job firt with your permit u cheap as- and tell your girlfriend teegrid stop hating where did she come from.yall hater.this last comment that im going talk about yall girls.see yall at training

Mark white is the best better than the rest so don't test...boyee i have alot of experience with driving a bus .plus my homie work at jfk depot haha.im up on ya hater..

Better than the rest? Sure!....not. Bye!

You may(or may not) be an operator or an employee, but if you're gonna act like an a**hole, you'll be treated like one. I have much respect for all of the members on here who are employees and such, but if you're gonna act like a prick, you might as well stay off.

Edited by Cait Sith

When do u think they will give the boss exam do they let u know that day if your nuts or not

Well, from the experience I've gone through with exam 2613, they gave the exam in January of 2013, and I think they ideally wanted to give the BOSS exam 6 months later, especially since they were finishing up calling people from exam 8006 (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/200808006000.pdf).

However, in 6 months, a good majority of the high schools were going to be unavailable due to summer vacation. Therefore, the TA gave the BOSS exam in June of 2013, 5 months later, right before the schools closed for the summer. Keep in mind that they started hiring from this list 5 months after that in November, so they were anxious to do it.

As far as exam 4600 is concerned, my educated guess will be 6 to 9 months, so if they do not administer the BOSS exam before this current 2013 to 2014 school year comes to a close in June, my educated guess is that the exam will be administered in September or shortly after. Again, this is NOT official, just my educated guess. Keep in mind that they are still working with exam 2613, and out of the 3,621 people that took the exam in January of 2013 and successfully passed (out of 36,000 people), not even half of those people have been called yet as of today.

As far as them getting back to us if we are "nuts or not," similar to the exam this past December, we have to bubble our answers in and it will be graded by NYC Transit, probably and most likely at 180 Livingston Street. If you get a notice in the mail saying that you failed the BOSS exam, then that's not good. If you get a notice in the mail with your final score and list number, then that means you successfully passed the exam. 

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

The (MTA) site said approximately 9 months!!!!!

The key word is approximately, since most of the high schools will be closed and unavailable 9 months after the initial civil service exam, which was given in December/2013. Therefore, with this information, expect it to be given in September, once the high schools are available for use.

Young nyc what do they make you do for the medical

What they made me do for the medical was a EKG, hearing, vision, B/P, weight. They took the blood pressure from both arms, they recorded both readings and they went with the better reading. Next, the doctor had me change into a gown so she could check my breathing, in addition to simple exercises, like squatting, tilting your head, etc.

Edited by +Young+
Update since a URL link is no longer valid...