B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

what list # are they up to ???

According to post # 3141 (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-315), somewhere in the 500's. I called DCAS (212-669-1357) for curiosity and they said they are in the 550's, however I don't know how accurate that is. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to post # 3141 (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-315), somewhere in the 500's. I called DCAS (212-669-1357) for curiosity and they said they are in the 550's, however I don't know how accurate that is.

Young, I am sorry about you not getting far in the process. I wish you would have gotten you license before you got called.

Young, I am sorry about you not getting far in the process. I wish you would have gotten you license before you got called.

I agree, however I finished with my college studies on December 18th, took the second drug test the next day and got called for medical on December 31st, so in a way I didn't have time...I also didn't know that it was going to take close to a month to get the medical hold cleared since I couldn't get an appointment ASAP with the neurologist...

Oh well. I'm just glad I took the other exams (3600 for trackworker, 3101 for OA and 4600 for TA)...we shall see what happens.

I agree, however I finished with my college studies on December 18th, took the second drug test the next day and got called for medical on December 31st, so in a way I didn't have time...I also didn't know that it was going to take close to a month to get the medical hold cleared since I couldn't get an appointment ASAP with the neurologist...

Oh well. I'm just glad I took the other exams (3600 for trackworker, 3101 for OA and 4600 for TA)...we shall see what happens.

You don't have to wait five years, do you?

Yes he has to wait 5 years.

Now on the mta.info website, this upcoming June is filing for "Stock Worker" under MaBSTOA. Do I have to wait 5 years for that too, or just the Bus Operator positions? I know someone at Zerega said that this has nothing to do with the track worker test I took, which is good...

Now on the mta.info website, this upcoming June is filing for "Stock Worker" under MaBSTOA. Do I have to wait 5 years for that too, or just the Bus Operator positions? I know someone at Zerega said that this has nothing to do with the track worker test I took, which is good...

U only have to wait 5 years for the 10 day training for B/O. U can go of any other mta job.

question if I take the new mabstao boss survey and I pass it, when the boss survey comes for the 4600 do I have to take it again? or if both exams be around same time and I pass one of them do I have to take it again?

Yes you have to take it again. So far I took it twice, once for 2613 (not successful) and for 3101...as far as I recall, its the same test. 

Yes you have to take it again. So far I took it twice, once for 2613 and for 3101, successful both times...as far as I recall, its the same test. 

Young how did u fail boss exam ?

I did not fail the BOSS test...I corrected my post to what it should have said...sorry.

Trife I guess u failed before or no ?

Lol no. But no joke there's a question that's like "what do you do when your mad?". Do you talk a walk to blow off steam. Do you let it not bother you. Or do you punch a wall ...

That's really how stupid it is

Lol no. But no joke there's a question that's like "what do you do when your mad?". Do you talk a walk to blow off steam. Do you let it not bother you. Or do you punch a wall ...

That's really how stupid it is

The funny part about that is people really do Check the box that says Punch the Wall.