B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nothing to stress at all. I don't remember much else from it but it is that simple. Nothing you can study for as its a personality / psych test.

I think there was another one like when is it acceptable to show up late at work without notification to supervisor in advance . Never. Once or twice a month. Or as long as you have a excuse.

DO not always put what you think they want to hear keep a consistant honest (but not to a fault) answering if ppl always put what they want to hear ppl could end up saying they agree that they NEVER get angry and dont over think the questions just aswer them at face value

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Edited by IronboundNJT

pakring tickets don't effect your license. Only moving violations & accidents they look at.

pakring tickets don't effect your license. Only moving violations & accidents they look at.

Thanks man. I have to report to livingston for medical on wednesday. Hope that's the last step. I'm from the 3101 test but I read this forum alot

I WAS WONDERING WHAT KIND OF PAY DO YOU RECIEVE DURING 10 DAY TRAINING PERIOD AND THE 6 WEEK TRAINING FOLLOWING THIS.IS IT THE NORMAL STARTING PAY OR SOMETHING LESS??

When I was in 10-day training from February 10th to February 21st, I got paid for the following items:

a) Regular Pay - 80 hours @ 20.9675/hr

b) NYCT Overtime Pay - 16 hours @ 10.483750/hr (see below for reasons)

c) Night Differential - 8 hours @ 0.9839/hr

As far as 'B' and 'C' are concerned, on Thursday, February 13th we had a snowstorm which dumped quite a bit of snow. Therefore, we had to make up the class on Saturday, February 15th (Day 1 of O/T). In addition, Monday, February 17th was Presidents Day (Day 2 of O/T). In addition, one day (that Saturday) we started at 6 AM, which explains the "Night Differential."

Hopefully this will answer your question.

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

DEAR NYC SUBWAY FAN: JUST A QUESTION IF YOU DONT MIND TO COMMENT ON OR CARE TO TAKE A GUESS. HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF THE UNION DUES TAKEN OUT EACH WEEK AND ALSO HOW MUCH TWORD THE PENSION AND FINALLY HOW MUCH IS TAKEN OUT FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR FAMILY. AGAIN IF YOU CAN OR CANNOT COMMENT IS OK!    TKS AGAIN!     LATACUNGA

DEAR NYC SUBWAY FAN: JUST A QUESTION IF YOU DONT MIND TO COMMENT ON OR CARE TO TAKE A GUESS. HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF THE UNION DUES TAKEN OUT EACH WEEK AND ALSO HOW MUCH TWORD THE PENSION AND FINALLY HOW MUCH IS TAKEN OUT FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR FAMILY. AGAIN IF YOU CAN OR CANNOT COMMENT IS OK! TKS AGAIN! LATACUNGA

Depends on atu or twu

DEAR NYC SUBWAY FAN: JUST A QUESTION IF YOU DONT MIND TO COMMENT ON OR CARE TO TAKE A GUESS. HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF THE UNION DUES TAKEN OUT EACH WEEK AND ALSO HOW MUCH TWORD THE PENSION AND FINALLY HOW MUCH IS TAKEN OUT FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR FAMILY. AGAIN IF YOU CAN OR CANNOT COMMENT IS OK!    TKS AGAIN!     LATACUNGA

The union dues that were taken out of my check were $27.00. I don't know about the other stuff, especially since I still live with my own parents even to this date. Sorry...

thats not bad $27 every 2 weeks for union dues

i have a question is it better to stay on the extra list are is it better to have a regular run

There is no better or worse its your preference. Do you like your work to change and hours to change or do you like steady work. Its all what suits you Edited by trife86