B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys whats up any word for exam 4600 ? thanks

You need to keep in mind that exam 2613 was given in January of 2013 and 4600 was given in December of 2013. Therefore, everyone from 2613 will have a first chance at the position. According to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-344 and page 342, someone with a list # of 579 got sworn in and someone with a list # in the low 800s is waiting for final processing. Keep in mind that 3,617 people passed exam 2613, so they are not even 1/2 way done with the list.

Bottom line, it will be a while...

According to Post #3441 on the 2613 thread, one contributor who's number is "119X" took a drug test on March 26.

This is encouraging, that means there are a little more than 600 folks away from the half-way mark which had some type of interaction in the post-examination, hiring process.

I haven't received my score yet but based on the answer key and the paper they provided for us to mark the answers on, I received a 97%. I see a few different thoughts on when Exam 2600 takers might start getting called. Do you think a 97% will be on top of the list? I don't know how many people score over 95 on these exams.  Should I get my permit now or wait a little bit longer?

thanks.

I haven't received my score yet but based on the answer key and the paper they provided for us to mark the answers on, I received a 97%. I see a few different thoughts on when Exam 2600 takers might start getting called. Do you think a 97% will be on top of the list? I don't know how many people score over 95 on these exams.  Should I get my permit now or wait a little bit longer?

thanks.

A 97% should be at the top of the list, however it depends primarily on who else got a score in the high 90's and when you initially applied for the exam.

The reason why is because if a lot of people got the same score (97% or whatever), the list # will be determined based on when you initially applied. Therefore, if 500 people got a 97%, and you applied for the exam on the last day, then you may not be as high on the list as you think.

Thank you @DeuceDrives, @mastap123, @YoungNYCSubwayFan and @busman718 about what and where to study for the permit.

You're welcome.

@brooklynmta your welcome we are all here too help each other,it wouldn't be a bad idea to get your permit now at all  

Keep in mind that once you get your permit, you are allowed to re-new it once after 1 year. In 2 years, you have to take the tests all over again. Therefore, unless you plan on going to driving school, my personal suggestion is to wait until they are pretty much finished with 2613. Think about it: They finally call you and you have to take the permit tests all over again. Do you want this to happen to you?

thanks.

I think that your best bet is to get your permit and get a job as a school bus driver or any bus company that is willing to train you in the mean time. It will get you the experience you need in a large vehicle. It won't hurt and it will keep you current and fresh. I just advise you do not get too comfy in skill. Always remain humble and remember what the trainer told you when you learned how to operate the vehicle and everything will be fine. I hope this is helpful. Be safe and keep a positive mind!!!