B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4600 Applicants WHATS UP ANY NEWS FROM ANYBODY OUT THERE? Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I'm like everyone else here waiting for the list to come out. Just got done filing for the next Mabsota exam number 4105

Same here...just waiting and waiting :mellow:

I do not have an official update from NYC Transit, however I do have a personal update, which I would like to share:

According to the Chief (http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil_service/bus-operator-list-established/article_787e9026-419a-11e3-8436-0019bb30f31a.html), there are 3,621 names on the 2613 list. If you look at http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-406 post #4053, they are up to list # 181*. This means that they are approximately 1/2 way through the list.

Now the list for exam 2613 was produced on October 30, 2013. Therefore, for argument sake, it has taken approximately 8 to 9 months to go through half of the list (November 2013 to June/July 2014). Therefore, my educated guess is that by this time next year (July of 2015), the 2613 list will be finished and they will be starting to call from the 4600 list, providing you pass the BOSS exam.

Again, this is based on post #4053 from the B/O exam 2613 thread (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-406). This is NOT an official update from NYC Transit.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Young much appreciated your a plethora of educated information.

You're welcome. I also called DCAS (212-669-1357) about 2613 and as of July 6th, the last eligible certified was #1,755. I feel that this site is more accurate, however it is only 45 to 55 people away from the halfway mark!!

• 2 weeks later...

Evening everyone!

First time poster here, just wanted to say hi to everyone in the group, and also ask a question about the CDL requirement. 

I took the 4600 test and ended up passing with a 98 woot! :). I saw today that they finally updated the information on the website about our test and the BOSS exam will be given on October 4th. So I am exited to at least be able to advance to the next step.

I have decided to go on my own and get the CDL, has anyone done thing and if so, when you took the pre-trip exam, did you have to check under the hood for the hoses. I am a bit nervous because in the CDL manual under the pre trip part of the book, it goes over all the "under the hood" steps but my instructor is telling me that is not required and they do not test you on that. So I thought I would ask over here and maybe someone might know!

Evening everyone!

First time poster here, just wanted to say hi to everyone in the group, and also ask a question about the CDL requirement. 

I took the 4600 test and ended up passing with a 98 woot! :). I saw today that they finally updated the information on the website about our test and the BOSS exam will be given on October 4th. So I am exited to at least be able to advance to the next step.

I have decided to go on my own and get the CDL, has anyone done thing and if so, when you took the pre-trip exam, did you have to check under the hood for the hoses. I am a bit nervous because in the CDL manual under the pre trip part of the book, it goes over all the "under the hood" steps but my instructor is telling me that is not required and they do not test you on that. So I thought I would ask over here and maybe someone might know!

Good evening everyone!

First time poster here, so I just wanted to say hello, and wanted to thank everyone for the information provided so far!

I just wanted to say I ended up passing the BO/4600 exam with a only getting 2 wrong, Woott! :), and I finally saw today that the MTA has update that they are proceeding with the next part of the process and giving the people who passed, the BO/4600 test, the BOSS exam. I am really looking forward to taking the next step to possibly being able to join the MTA. 

Question,

I am looking to get my CDL on my own just so I am prepared for whenever I get called for MTA and also just in case I get called for the DOT. I ended up starting classes today. (Drove a large vehicle for the first time ever, very nerve racking but fun!). In the NYC CDL manual you get from the DMV it goes over in the pre-trip exam, and one of the steps is that you need to open the hood and check the hoses and the oil, and other items but my instructor is telling me different and the walk through paper the school gives you on the training bus does not go over it. Is this true, is that something you don't have to do during the pre-trip part of the the CDL test?I am very worried that I am going to take pre-exam test and fail the pre-trip because I don't know some items under the hood.

Thanks for any information that anyone can provide!

Evening everyone!

No you don't check under the hood.

Just wondering why would you get your license on your own when you can get it after training? I will get my CDL permit at some point but not the license.

So u only have to worry about passing the 10 day training. If u go to day "10" during training and u pass. U only get once chance to pass the dmv road test. Now what if u pass the training and fail the road test? U gonna wish u had gotten ya licnese on ya own.

How hard is it to become a bus operator? I heard the training is extremely thought especially else pillars in the Bronx. I wanna join the mta when I'm 21 so I'm planning to apply when I turn 18 because they usually take 3 years to call

@ Tyheem how old are you now? Also there is no guarantee that it will take 3 yrs for them to call or that they will be hiring when you turn 21 and if you live in New York state before you get a cdl you must of had your regular license for 3yrs