B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

@ Tyheem how old are you now? Also there is no guarantee that it will take 3 yrs for them to call or that they will be hiring when you turn 21 and if you live in New York state before you get a cdl you must of had your regular license for 3yrs

Right now I am 16 & I am aware of the 3 year rule as far as your license goes & also I know it isn't a definite but most people in my family who are operators said it took around 3 years to get a call back and I really wanna get in as soon as possible

Edited by Tyheem

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realllllly important question can you guys please answer quick , okay so I can clearly see colors (traffic lights , signs ect) but when I take an online eye test and there are multiple shades of the same color I often struggle to see the image portrayed , will this hurt my chances of becoming a bus operator , I'm sure I can clearly see road signs and traffic lights pleaseeee help

Realllllly important question can you guys please answer quick , okay so I can clearly see colors (traffic lights , signs ect) but when I take an online eye test and there are multiple shades of the same color I often struggle to see the image portrayed , will this hurt my chances of becoming a bus operator , I'm sure I can clearly see road signs and traffic lights pleaseeee help

Also how this the test conducted?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dre.

They said on the site: "Admission letters will be mailed in September 2014."

Good to know. Was starting to wonder what's taking so long!

Anybody got a rough estimate on how long it takes to find out if you passed the BOSS?

Wanna get my CDL license ahead of time but wanna be sure I pass the BOSS first. I definitely doubt I would fail but anything is possible.

Good to know. Was starting to wonder what's taking so long!

Anybody got a rough estimate on how long it takes to find out if you passed the BOSS?

Wanna get my CDL license ahead of time but wanna be sure I pass the BOSS first. I definitely doubt I would fail but anything is possible.

From my experience with the 2613 exam, I was list # 27*. Just to refresh your minds, I did not pass the 10 day training session.

I remember taking the initial civil service exam in January of 2014 at a high school in Manhattan, comparing my answers with the online proposed answer key and as a result I got a 87.50% passing score. Later on we were called to take the BOSS exam in June of 2014 at another high school in Brooklyn. (If you folks want, you can look through the 2613 thread to find out more details.) So I'm waiting and all of a sudden, I get a letter in the mail in late October telling me to report on November 7th for pre-medical and a drug test. Shortly after that, like a week or two later, I got in the mail my "Official Results" letter which indicated my final score, list number, etc.

Therefore, as far as how long it takes, it is up to the examinations unit at NYC Transit. If you get an "Official Results" letter, similar to me, you passed, which will be mailed after the list has been produced.

As far as why this is taking so long, the reason why is because they are still working with the 2613 list. Since civil service lists are only good for 4 years, they want to establish the list as late as possible, which means when they are close to 95% finished with the 2613 list. This way, hopefully, very little time, like maybe a month or a couple of weeks, will be wasted in calling all of those people who took that exam.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

We took the exam in jan 2013

What do you mean by "we"? The 2613 exam was administered in January of 2013, while the 4600 exam was administered in December of 2013. I just don't want anyone to be confused, that's all.

Ok, thanks for the info Young :)

thanks for the info youngnyc

Thanks

You're welcome everyone.

What do you mean by "we"? The 2613 exam was administered in January of 2013, while the 4600 exam was administered in December of 2013. I just don't want anyone to be confused, that's all.

You're welcome everyone.

U said that u took exam 2613 in jan 2024. We took it in 2013. Go ready what u wrote.