B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

@ Dom, being nervous taking the road test is normal. Even though I think I will pass, I know I'm gonna be nervous for sure. I'm not worried about the driving. I'm more worried about forgetting certain steps in the pre-trip, etc. Being naturally nervous will increase the chances of forgetting the little things. Again though, that's why doing it early is the best way to go. Good luck on yours. I'll let ya know if I passed or....failed :o

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Dom, being nervous taking the road test is normal. Even though I think I will pass, I know I'm gonna be nervous for sure. I'm not worried about the driving. I'm more worried about forgetting certain steps in the pre-trip, etc. Being naturally nervous will increase the chances of forgetting the little things. Again though, that's why doing it early is the best way to go. Good luck on yours. I'll let ya know if I passed or....failed :o

You will pass. Remember you just cant get over 50 points or do major safety error. Overall you will pass once you know how to operate on the road full alert. Practice doing straight backing and parking.

All agency within MTA has to take the Boss exam in order to consider moving forward to the next round with employment process. The BOSS exam that you will be taking on the 4th of October is for TA exam 4600. You need to pass that in order to be place on the list and moving forward.

thanks alot for the information man. Idk, i heard you needed three years of driving experience, is that true or not? I did college abroad an recently returned like 2013 n got my license then (been driving abroad for 5 years prior tho so i am experienced), had the US license for like a year and a half now. Probably gonna be two n a half years by the time the list is established, should I be concerned?

thanks alot for the information man. Idk, i heard you needed three years of driving experience, is that true or not? I did college abroad an recently returned like 2013 n got my license then (been driving abroad for 5 years prior tho so i am experienced), had the US license for like a year and a half now. Probably gonna be two n a half years by the time the list is established, should I be concerned?

You physically don't need 3 years of driving experience. You just need your license, whether it is a CDL or regular to be clean for the past 3 years. So if you get into an accident in May of 2014, you have to wait until May of 2017.

You physically don't need 3 years of driving experience. You just need your license, whether it is a CDL or regular to be clean for the past 3 years. So if you get into an accident in May of 2014, you have to wait until May of 2017.

young subway fan did you ever get a letter yet to take the boss exam yet?? I'm still waiting for mine

young subway fan did you ever get a letter yet to take the boss exam yet?? I'm still waiting for mine

Anybody still waiting on there letter to take the bus operator selection survey?

I did not get a letter yet, and I don't think I'm going to get one. The reason why is because I last took the BOSS exam for the MaBSOTA Bus Operator Exam # 3101 back in November of 2013. I heard or read somewhere that, providing I passed the exam, which I believe I did, the results are good for an entire calendar year. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not taking it for the MaBSTOA Bus Operator Exam  # 4105 next month, but I don't think I'll be taking it in early October.

I did not get a letter yet, and I don't think I'm going to get one. The reason why is because I last took the BOSS exam for the MaBSOTA Bus Operator Exam # 3101 back in November of 2013. I heard or read somewhere that, providing I passed the exam, which I believe I did, the results are good for an entire calendar year. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not taking it for the MaBSTOA Bus Operator Exam  # 4105 next month, but I don't think I'll be taking it in early October.

I took the BOSS for the MTA Bus 2301 exam in December (late) and I still got my letter to the BOSS for this exam.

I spoke to a representative today from the Mta and he told me that anyone who didn't get a letter for the Bus operator selection survey or an email for October 4th will be scheduled for the future due to the fact cause the amount of people that took the exam that they could not have all the candidate's take it in one day

I spoke to a representative today from the Mta and he told me that anyone who didn't get a letter for the Bus operator selection survey or an email for October 4th will be scheduled for the future due to the fact cause the amount of people that took the exam that they could not have all the candidate's take it in one day

This makes sense. If anything, for those those that applied for this exam and MaBSTOA Bus Operator #4105, by taking the BOSS once, that should satisfy for both NYC Transit and MaBSTOA!!!

That's good to hear Tee! :)

I hope you are taking more than 5 lessons for your CDL road test... Just remember if you fail your talking about a good solid month wait just to schedule another road test and another couple of hundred dollars just to rent the Bus again... Just saying...

hey guys does every one here get the letter for survey exam on 10/4

I didn't get one, and I don't think I'm going to get one. The reason why is because I took the BOSS exam for MaBSTOA B/O exam #3101 back in November of 2013. I passed, which means that those results are good for one year, which means that I don't have to take it again until November of 2014, for MaBSOTA B/O exam #4105.