B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Yup, the exam was easy. Like others said, just had to be consistent. Also, like others said, parking was ridiculous. Parked a good 15 blocks or so away and got drenched. Didn't feel like taking my umbrella to the school. Big mistake!

Hope this goes quick. Can't wait to get called.

Took and passed my cdl road test on Friday too. That's one less thing out of the way.

do you know how many questions you got right and wrong on the test? You can check the proposed answer key to find out

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you know how many questions you got right and wrong on the test? You can check the proposed answer key to find out

They have a proposed answer key for the BOSS exam? How come this was not posted for B/O exams 2301, 2613 and 3101?

I know it's guessing +based on your list number, but if you had to take a guess, do you think we will start getting called 8 months from now? One year? Two years??

Well, for B/O exam 2613 they are up to list # 18** (which means they are in the 1800's), therefore, if we think about this, it took them approximately 11 months to get from list #1 to list #18**, since the list was established in late October, 2013. Therefore, if it takes them another 11 months to get from list #18** to list #3621, I would estimate that they will start calling from this list in approximately 1 year.

Again, the better you did on the civil service exam means the smaller the list #, which means you will be called first before someone who did worse on the civil service exam who got a bigger list #.

Thanks Young.

So, is that number 3621 is a set number they are going up to or was that an estimated number? In other words, are they only calling up 3621 people or could it be 5000?

Anyway, I hope your estimate is accurate. A year isn't too bad. Just don't want to be waiting 1 1/2 - 2 years, but we will see.

Thanks Young.

So, is that number 3621 is a set number they are going up to or was that an estimated number? In other words, are they only calling up 3621 people or could it be 5000?

Anyway, I hope your estimate is accurate. A year isn't too bad. Just don't want to be waiting 1 1/2 - 2 years, but we will see.

Hey Hockey.

3621 or 3613 was the actual numbers of candidates who passed Bus Operator Exam 2613 written and BOSS last year. Chances are 4600 may have a longer list if a lot of candidates actually pass the BOSS exam as well. Bus Operator exam 2613 (which is the TA Group before this group) is almost half through the list, and like @Young Mention,They are already in the 1800 - 2100's from Bus Operator Exam 2613.

4600 list will be establish once every candidate who passed the written exam takes the BOSS exam. I'm guessing it might be Mid-Year of 2015 or late till we see 4600 start becoming the next Hiring pool. All we can do while we wait is make sure we stay clean from trouble and license issues.

Thanks Young.

You're welcome.

...All we can do while we wait is make sure we stay clean from trouble and license issues.

Or, for some of us, take advantage of this time to study for your CDL permit! Or, for some of us that want to get the CDL without taking off from work too much, now is the time to start! 

Folks, I got some news to report:

According to post #4380 of the B/O Exam 2613 thread (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-438), Transit is doing a small hiring freeze of Bus Operators since "depots are overcrowded and theres almost no place for" the new Bus Operators to go to.

Therefore, as far as when they are going to start calling from this list, my revised educated guess is at least one calendar year, which means that NYC Transit will not start calling from this list until October of 2015 (again, not official, just my educated guess based on the latest news).

Yeah I figure that would happen sooner or later since the 126 Depot is temporary closing. A lot of the operators from that depot are being transferred all over temporary. My pops depot alone carrying some of their line over like the M15 temporary and they were already picking Lines they would work for the rest of the year. Sucks knowing a freeze might be taking place,

Thanks Teegrid! :)

Now we all just gotta wait for the list numbers to be established...

it's a good thing you got the CDL before hand... It's already rough enough going through the training itself... I'm waiting on the 2613 list that I'm on... But I'm backed up by the 4600 exam.I hope it all works out for me

Tell me about it...and I was brand new to the CDL concepts. However, since I now have my Class A CDL, I feel like I'm better prepared for training.

do you have any passenger restrictions on your CDL license like a N1 or a N2 if you do I hope you realize that you have to take the road test through the DMV again on a bus

do you have any passenger restrictions on your CDL license like a N1 or a N2 if you do I hope you realize that you have to take the road test through the DMV again on a bus

those restrictions on your CDL license won't show unless you have the passenger endorsement and you took your road test in a tractor trailer

Newmatt or Young, how long did it take for you two to receive the License in mail?

2 week's

Oh Crap... I need to figure out whats going on. Still haven't receive anything in mail and that was since August. Go to the DMV and tell them... Make sure if you live on a apartment complex that they have your apartment number go there ASAP and tell them

I do have a N2 restriction. However, if you read the 2613 thread, I attempted training in February of 2014 and failed...therefore I have to wait another 5 years, February of 2019 to attempt again. Therefore, I know about this, however I'm not 100% worried about this in the immediate future.