B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its unknown yet. But it was a preety easy test. To be honest you had to be a moron/idiot to fail this test IMO. I think who ever didnt get an 90 or above wont even get called for this test thats how easy it was

How many ppl took and passed this exam

My opinion states that if a good majority of people passed both the written exam and BOSS. Its a possible chance the list will be long enough to.stretch for 4 years period. If you compare "Track worker Exam 3600", according to what some people that took the exam mention It was similar like B.O. exam 4600. And what do I mean by similar, It was easy compare to any past Civil Services exams that Transit Authority has administrated . So we can relate to Track Worker exam 3600 since they have a total of 12,000+ on their list. So just imagine how long exam 4600 list will be once its finally establish.

Remember the list will not be establish until all candidates takes the BOSS. We still have majority of candidates that still hasn't taken the BOSS. I can see by Summer or Fall we should see some movements with 4600. 

test was very easy i got 3 wrong which is 93.something and I'm pissed shouldn't got none wrong 

I got 3 wrong too. And I believe that's a 95 not 93 If you divide 57 and 60 its 0.95. Maybe we got the same 3 question wrong. But I know for sure one of the question I should of went back to change the answer. But I do agree the test was easy.

Edited by DueceDrives

Nothing yet. We still have candidates that still did not take the BOSS. 

My prediction is that we will see some activity towards the middle of the year, April - May if List 2613 goes really fast and they need a lot of bus operators..

As we start 2015 we should start evaluating when to get the CDL permits (particularly if you think you achieved a high score) and to make sure we address any health issues before we go for medical.  Also start getting together past work histories, disposition for any previous charges and make plans to address any outstanding legal issues or anything else. We may only get one chance. Most importantly keep driving safely!   :)

Also, I think that if you have an unfamiliarity with a borough, you should begin to look at bus maps just to get a sense of the routes. Being from Staten Island my knowledge of Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx is limited I think it be best for me to get some familiarity.We are not guaranteed to get the depot of our first choice; so doing this might help..

Best wishes for 2015 4600! 

Edited by 161passenger

Also, I think that if you have an unfamiliarity with a borough, you should begin to look at bus maps just to get a sense of the routes. Being from Staten Island my knowledge of Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx is limited I think it be best for me to get some familiarity.We are not guaranteed to get the depot of our first choice; so doing this might help..

From my experience, this is the least important item anybody should worry about. The reason why is because after training is over and you pick into your depot, you have four [4] weeks of line training to learn all the routes of the depot. If you get lucky, you may be able to pick into a depot that is not that far from where you live, which would make line training a little easier.

From my experience, this is the least important item anybody should worry about. The reason why is because after training is over and you pick into your depot, you have four [4] weeks of line training to learn all the routes of the depot. If you get lucky, you may be able to pick into a depot that is not that far from where you live, which would make line training a little easier.

True, it should be one of the lesser priorities. Though I should really get out more :P

• 2 weeks later...

With a score of 98.33 ( 1 wrong) do I have a chance of getting called for this position?

Yes, the passing score is 70. Your score will determine where you are place on the list. The higher your score, The lower your list numbers becomes. That will also determined how many also scored higher than a 98.

With a score of 98.33 ( 1 wrong) do I have a chance of getting called for this position?

I honestly think you definitely have a chance of getting called. We just have to wait for the list to be produced, and they are a little past the half-way point of the 2613 list, so it will still be some time before anybody gets called from this list....

With a score like this, I don't think that we (myself included in the one wrong category) need to worry about if we are getting called, but when.

Keep in mind that not everyone took the test to do well, but to just "pass." Although not specifically asked, but worth mentioning, with regards to veteran's/legacy credits, very few folks will get the full ten points for legacy credit or disabled veterans credit. Five points are awarded if you meet the requirements for veterans credits.

Also, although this may be a long-shot, perhaps the question that appeared to be wrong in the proposed answer key may have been challenged by someone and thrown out. So it is theoretically possible that a one wrong could be a 100%.

Additionally, the BOSS exam could have knocked out some folks from eligibility.

Anyways we won't know anything until the actually list is published. Hopefully, in late spring we should hear something. Again, we'll have to see how many bus operators retire or move on to other jobs in the TA or city.

We all need to keep driving safely, stay healthy and be optimistic :)

I got one wrong 98.33 , I'm hearing ppl are contesting that one question everyone got wrong. What was the one question you got wrong ???????

I got four questions wrong according to my Candidate's Personal Record of Answers, which are questions 25, 34, 35 and 53.