B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI   as of  MONDAY  12/7/15  candidates were still being called for final processing  from EXAM 2613   so 4600 is still on pause  also the MTA seems to be HIRING  more OA operators  there is a class training now out of several DEPOTS   i spoke to a few  some were OA  some were MTA BUS  i was told the total class # was of 80 candidates  GOOD LUCK TO ALL 

80 is quite a large number.

The activity in the 3101 OA forums would support the view that they are hiring more OA candidates than TA.

My guess is that the MTA is under pressure from the City to keep new hires into NYCERS down, which would be anyone from the TA lists. 

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on 4600? Around December and January is the estimated time we were suppose to hear back.

This is pretty bad. We took the exam more than 2 years ago, and with still no results or any notice. There are going ti be alot of angry people who waited for 2 years only to be given a bad test result/list number.

Any news on 4600? Around December and January is the estimated time we were suppose to hear back.

This is pretty bad. We took the exam more than 2 years ago, and with still no results or any notice. There are going ti be alot of angry people who waited for 2 years only to be given a bad test result/list number.

The (MTA) will send notice, before your results come in, if you passed the BOSS or not. I am on that list, also, but I took the MaBSTOA test that same year. I think they are still on the TA 2613 list.

The (MTA) will send notice, before your results come in, if you passed the BOSS or not. I am on that list, also, but I took the MaBSTOA test that same year. I think they are still on the TA 2613 list.

If you failed the BOSS test, they will simply send you a letter indicating such. If you passed the BOSS test, they will send you another letter with your final score and list number, respectively.

According to DCAS, they are still on the 2613 list.

You folks also need to be patient - I remember getting an email and a phone call in June of 2015 stating that the list will be produced in nine months which is March of 2016, and it's only the beginning the January.

I agree, it is very frustrating.

In the meanwhile, we are still ahead of the game here. There are things we can do:

- We have time to get or stay healthy (lose weight primarily = too much BMI means sleep apnea test among other things), get vision checked (and get used to wearing glasses/contacts while driving) get blood pressure checked (a major issue in this industry - can be changed by permanent changes to diet/exercise = START NOW!). Some issues, such as cardiovascular (heart) health may take longer to address, but finding this out sooner is better than later.

- Get your CDL B (Passenger and Air Brakes) before changes, which are required by federal law are fully implemented in New York State, where the road test will become difficult. From the NYS DMV to driving schools:

 Tests will be given in three sections in the following order: pre-trip inspection, basic control skills maneuvers, and then the on-road portion;

 The test is scored in the three separate sections listed above, with three scores making up a complete test;

 If a driver fails any one section, the test is stopped and the driver is failed;

 The duration of skills testing appointments has been increased. Depending on a driver, a test may take anywhere from an hour to an hour and 45 minutes to complete.

 Engine compartment inspection is a required part of the pre-trip inspection;

Source: http://www.nyapt.org/resources/Documents/DMV-Memo-CDL.Skills.Testing.10-07-15.pdf

If you are driving professionally, like me. Continue driving professionally - obey all traffic laws religiously, make sure all paperwork/logs are current..

I also believe I have a 98.33% on the exam. We definitely will have the opportunity to get called.

Edited by 161passenger

With an adjusted score of 96.667, compared to 93.33, my list # is 16## (which is anywhere from 1600 to 1699).

As a reminder to you folks, as a result of taking the B/O 2613 exam, and failing the 10-day training in February of 2014, I have to wait 5 years to try again, which means I am not eligible until February of 2019 (another 3 years). This should be interesting...

Just as a reminder to you folks who want to share their list numbers: Make sure to replace the last digit or two of your list number to hide your identity, since the list can be seen not only in The Chief, but also at this webpage as well. Within the next couple of days I will post the JPEG files to this topic.

As far as how to find your list number (besides calling DCAS), if you use Google Chrome, click on the link. After it loads, press Ctrl & F at the same time. Try typing in your last name. If your last name is unique, it should come up. If your last name is a common last name, try typing in your full name and it should come up.

Awesome!!! My list number is very, very low. I'll say it's below 150! :)

Congratulations to Everyone!!!!!! 

Things seem to be moving. I received a score of 96.667 with list number of 15**. How do they decide who has a higher list number when we have the same score?

Please see this very informative thread:

Edited by 161passenger