B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any good CDL schools in Brooklyn with reasonable prices. Might as well work on that while I wait. 

I would recommend Ferrari Driving School, located a few blocks away from Linden Boulevard and Fountain Avenue.

My brother score is way different then what the answer key said did anybody else have that problem

According to my Candidate's Personal Record of Answers and the proposed online answer key, my score was 93.33%, however according to the list, my score was 96.667%. I have a feeling that some questions were tossed as a result of the protest sessions...

When do u think they will start calling from our list

As of the January 03, 2016 update, there remains 800 eligibles on TA Exam 2613 (thanks Young for this information). This does not however account for anyone who wishes to reinstate their names on the list.

My guess and my guesses have been largely wrong, but if I had to pick a month, maybe August, June if we're lucky and they go approximately 100 per month for the remaining candidates. However, I wonder why they officially established and not just publish the list (if the automated line is to be believed) before they finished the TA 2613 Exam. In any event, I'll be keeping an eye out for updates to make my next move!

Edited by 161passenger

NycGamer18 i dont think everyone on that list did and passed the BOSS. I  would guess as with 2613 everyone will have to do the BOSS when they start calling for the pre-employment process. In 2613 I know people who was called in after they went and did the pre-employment paperwork. But everyone will have to take and pass BOSS to continue along with their employment process as long as the MTA is still using the BOSS at that point in time. I'm not youngnyc but i believe i'm correct lol.

Gamer forget the BOSS maybe as easy as it was a lot of people probably did not even get the 70% required passing grade on the test. I too was suprised by only a little over 8 thousand names made the list. None the less, congrats to all who made it. Those that's in a position or have the resources to get their CDL's I would suggest they do that. It wont be nice to go through the whole process and pass the training and then to fail the road test and have it all come to an end right there.

NycGamer18 i dont think everyone on that list did and passed the BOSS. I  would guess as with 2613 everyone will have to do the BOSS when they start calling for the pre-employment process. In 2613 I know people who was called in after they went and did the pre-employment paperwork. But everyone will have to take and pass BOSS to continue along with their employment process as long as the MTA is still using the BOSS at that point in time. I'm not youngnyc but i believe i'm correct lol.

From my experience with the B/O exam 2613, we took the civil service exam, followed by the BOSS. Then we obtained our list numbers.

The same thing happened with B/O exam 4600. We already took the BOSS exam.

Where do i find my list number online?

Click here. If you have Google Chrome, press Ctrl & F, type in your last name and your score should come up.

When I called DCAS, the automated voice message said " you are currently not on an outstanding certification"

Does anyone know what that means?

Refer to this thread for the answer. Also, try not to make three separate posts - eventually the amount of pages on this topic will double, therefore if you can please try to initially cut down from the beginning, it would be appreciated.