B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ congrats number 4 quote name="Spanky215" post="86

Congratulations to all my fellow would be MTA NYC Bus Operators. I received my letter on 13 Jan 2016 it was dated 7 Jan 2016. My list number is 4. Good luck to all!!!

Thank you Teegrid67 for the repost. Just to clarify...The letter I received was the Notice of Results letter for exam 4600. Considering that I will be amongst the first to receive the call I will post updates as they become available to keep the community up to date and to broadcast the notifications that my fellow prospects can expect to receive from MTA NYCT. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the angst that is sure to develope during the hiring process for those of us that are on the list for exam 4600. Again Good Luck to all!

Question. I pulled out an old driving abstract last night (from 2010) just to get an idea. I noticed that I have points on there from 2006  (6) and 2009 (4) I know the dmv only goes back 18 months but also know that the insurance companies can hold these points against you. My question is will the MTA hold these against me and if so how many points can you have before you are disqualified? TIA​

One of my friends took the 4600 test in December 2013 but he did not take the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) when it was given. He just received his letter indicating he passed the tested and his list number is in the 1000's. Does it make a difference if you take this test or not. I though if you didn't, you wouldn't be eligible? 

2613 list came out in October of 2013 my list number was 11*9 I recieved my first letter in March of 2014 but couldn't accept it because I had points on my license. I expect 4600 to go Alittle quicker because I assume a lot of people who took 2613 Also took 4600 like myself. Because I scored a 82 I didn't even expect a call let alone one in the first year

how many points did u have on ur license astogezz? i also have 2 point on my license its from a moving violation around dec of 2013 would that disqualify me? i heard of defensive drive course that able to subtract points from ur license could that help?

So does anyone know when the next exam will be ?

Since there are at least 8,000 candidates on the 4600 list, the next exam will not be for a while. If I had to take an educated guess - I would say at least two to three years from now.

does anybody know if the mta recoginizes point reduction classes. I have ticket which I am in the process of fighting so not on my record yet but its only for 4 points but would like to take a class and try to go in with 0

how many points did u have on ur license astogezz? i also have 2 point on my license its from a moving violation around dec of 2013 would that disqualify me? i heard of defensive drive course that able to subtract points from ur license could that help?

Just googled it, the points come off in 18 months, give or take 2 years. Your points would have expired as we are now in 2016, dec 2015 would have been 24 months for you. I also have 2 points, you can take the defensive course and knock 2 points off however, I took the course recently so i had to wait until the course itself expired (every 2 years also i think), either way, the points should come off before i'm even eligible for the defensive driving class. I also read that the points while "off" can still be used to calculate your insurance premiums (always a catch eh). Either way, for the job, you should be fine by the time they call, as should I going off what the other poster said about 4 points being the maximum.

Finally got my notice of results in the mail a few days ago..

Will a DWI arrest affect me in the hiring process?

I got arrested 3 years ago for DWI & refusing to blow. However, I was never convicted & the case got dismissed..

The refusal to blow still shows on my drivers abstract..

With a dwi conviction you have to wait 5 years bettor you can get a job with the mta. However since it got dismissed you might have a chance. That's up in the air its a hit or miss just go down there when they call you and they will let you know if your good or they might tell you to wait another 2 years and reinstate your name on the list

With a dwi conviction you have to wait 5 years bettor you can get a job with the mta. However since it got dismissed you might have a chance. That's up in the air its a hit or miss just go down there when they call you and they will let you know if your good or they might tell you to wait another 2 years and reinstate your name on the list

Ok thanks for your response.. Everything will be fully disclosed, when they call I'll let everyone know what they say..