B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats man. Did u get cdl A or B?

Thanks. Got class B with passenger, air brakes, tank & school bus endorsements. Took 5hrs of classes, total came out to $700, which included school bus rental plus DMV road test fee.. Pre trip is pretty easy, just memorizing alot of things. Road trip you have to pay attention to detail, call out every hazard that you see, from double parked vehicles to clearance of overhead pass, even if someone cuts you off. Any other questions in regards to road test feel free to ask since my memory is still fresh..

Hello! So today I received in the mail my letter for employment. I have to head to livingston in BK on the 29th. Can anybody tell me what I can expect for when I get there? Like what will I have to do on that day and what happens afterwards? I have to grab my CDL Permit this week, i had no idea when this letter was coming it came out of the blue but I want to be prepared.

Make sure you have your permit and any other info you would need regarding past employment and stuff. When you get there your going to wait in line check in then they will make you line up again and ask you for your driver license and permit give you more paperwork to fill out and tell you to sit down. You will wait I had to wait 3 hours before I got called up again. What they are doing is running your license make sure you don't have more points than what is accepted . When you finally get called up again they will tell you if your license is good if it is you will hand in all your paperwork and you will be sent down the hall for a drug test . Once you take the drug test you will go back to the main desk so them your paperwork that states you took the drug test and they will tell you okay will call you in 3 days to 3 months. You also might take picture for your Id and get fingerprinted not sure if that was the second day . Bring a snack you could be there all day good luck

Also if you ever been arrested or recieved a summons in your adult life you must have your deposition with you .

I am in the first one hundred or so to be called; my list number is at or below 161. 

No letter (e-mail or phone call) has been received as of Saturday 02/20. If a letter did go out, I am usually a day late in receiving it from the rest of the city. If I hear anything, I will definitely let everyone know.

I would appreciate confirmation if letters did indeed go out for 4600. Thanks in advance.

Edited by 161passenger

I have owned my own business for the pat 13 yrs. how far does Mta go back as far as employment history and criminal history?

I am unsure about the criminal history, but I know for the employment history...as far back as when you graduated high school.

Sorry guys, didnt mean to get your hopes up was a d*ck move on my part, was so excited about the letter I received I didnt even look at this test number. I got called for the 2613 exam and my number was at the end of the calling list so this test is about done as far as I know

Dan, We (or at least I) forgive you.  Can you please at least share your list number (like 30XX)  for exam 2613? - Thanks :)

Edited by 161passenger

Thanks. Got class B with passenger, air brakes, tank & school bus endorsements. Took 5hrs of classes, total came out to $700, which included school bus rental plus DMV road test fee.. Pre trip is pretty easy, just memorizing alot of things. Road trip you have to pay attention to detail, call out every hazard that you see, from double parked vehicles to clearance of overhead pass, even if someone cuts you off. Any other questions in regards to road test feel free to ask since my memory is still fresh..

Hey by chance, what school did you do those classes with at that price. I have to get mine done as well, I usually go with Ferrari because of their excellent customer service (not always but most times) compared to the horrors i've had with others in that Astoria/Flushing area. I'm really interested to know since even though i like Ferrari, I'm trying to save and they're like one of if not the most expensive.

Thanks and congrats on achieving your CDL, best wishes

Hey by chance, what school did you do those classes with at that price. I have to get mine done as well, I usually go with Ferrari because of their excellent customer service (not always but most times) compared to the horrors i've had with others in that Astoria/Flushing area. I'm really interested to know since even though i like Ferrari, I'm trying to save and they're like one of if not the most expensive.

Thanks and congrats on achieving your CDL, best wishes

Thanks.. Yes I went with Ferrari.. After shopping around, mostly all these driving schools charge the same price.. I only took 5 hrs of classes, $89 an hr, plus the bus rental, which was like $220 & $40 to DMV for road test

List # 337X confirmed at yukon depot line training. TA hires are moving along now. I was called from 3101 last year around this time and i remember the list moving like 1500 spots in 1 month. This is the time of year, until end of summer when the big wave of hires usually takes place so hopefully in the next 2 months well see the end of 2613.

List # 337X confirmed at yukon depot line training. TA hires are moving along now. I was called from 3101 last year around this time and i remember the list moving like 1500 spots in 1 month. This is the time of year, until end of summer when the big wave of hires usually takes place so hopefully in the next 2 months well see the end of 2613.

So out of 3,621 candidates for that exam, about 240 to go. We just have to be patient to see what happens...

Im just curious but how u know that 337x is comfirmed???