B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just saw an arctic training bus in jfk airport today, is it harder to drive the two compartment bus than the regular 40fter? can u pick ur routes u want to train on? can someone share some info on the days after 10 day training period?

According to a few experience operators The 60 ft bus are not hard. They're actually easier since the back of the bus follows whatever the front does.

As far Line training goes. Which ever depot you either pick or sent to, You will have to learn the lines that the depot operates.

According to a few experience operators The 60 ft bus are not hard. They're actually easier since the back of the bus follows whatever the front does.

As far Line training goes. Which ever depot you either pick or sent to, You will have to learn the lines that the depot operates.

thx duece. after the routes training does the mta do shadowing before u r officially on ur own? like u and ur trainer take over an another bus driver's route start picking up people?

thx duece. after the routes training does the mta do shadowing before u r officially on ur own? like u and ur trainer take over an another bus driver's route start picking up people?

After the route training, you are on your own. You are also on probation for one [1] calendar year. During this probation, some of the Superintendents will ride-along to make sure you are doing what you are supposed to do. Providing you get a good report, you are good to go.

Never drove that bus but everyone who has says it's easier. You can't pick the routes you train on . In your 10 day training you driver wherever the supt tells you once you passed that your in line training at a depot and the crew disbatcher will assign you with a different guy everyday on different routes so you learn them all

Considering 3400s are line training already, im sure 35s and 36s are already qualifying and/or have been called for processing. The next 2 months are nonstop hiring months so i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the first few 4600s have already received letters for processing.

Considering 3400s are line training already, im sure 35s and 36s are already qualifying and/or have been called for processing. The next 2 months are nonstop hiring months so i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the first few 4600s have already received letters for processing.

just saw 3 training buses back to back on main st. sure is moving fast i hope it will reach my no 5**  by july lol

just saw 3 training buses back to back on main st. sure is moving fast i hope it will reach my no 5**  by july lol

First, calm down. Second, they still have to finish the 2613 list first. Once they finish that, then they will start calling from the 4600 list.

Hello you guys well I've been watching you'll post for the last couple of years, and so now I decided to log in and give some good news I called examinations and they officially started the list for 4600 and they sent letters out two days ago.....Yayyyy our time is now

First, calm down. Second, they still have to finish the 2613 list first. Once they finish that, then they will start calling from the 4600 list.

They have started calling people from 4600

Omg i hope your right (not doubting you just excited lol). YoungNyc since your the forum "expert" any truth to this? Also if they did send out letters to the 4600 people any guess as to how much?? Example: first 50, first 200 ect...

Idk how many they sent out

Omg i hope your right (not doubting you just excited lol). YoungNYC since your the forum "expert" any truth to this? Also if they did send out letters to the 4600 people any guess as to how much?? Example: first 50, first 200 ect...

First, thank you for the comment. Second, it depends on the hiring needs of the Department of Buses. If I had to take an educated guess, I would say anywhere from 100 to 200 people, especially since they are still "finishing up" the 2613 list.

Keep in mind that not everyone is going to have a clean license, pass the drug test, pass the medical examination, etc.

After a little research im pretty confident that every single # on the list starts out as an "outstanding certification". This means you are NOT eligible for hiring until your credentials have been verified. Once they reach your number on the list and verify your hiring eligibility your # will be changed to "not on an outstanding certification". My brother has a list # in the 1000s range im gonna call for him and see if i get the same message