B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a little research im pretty confident that every single # on the list starts out as an "outstanding certification". This means you are NOT eligible for hiring until your credentials have been verified. Once they reach your number on the list and verify your hiring eligibility your # will be changed to "not on an outstanding certification". My brother has a list # in the 1000s range im gonna call for him and see if i get the same message

my list #5** when i called today it still says 5** and dcas dont know when they will call the list.  what does it mean credentials have not been verified?

My brother is 16xx and his says he is not currently on an outstanding certification. Deuces driver your 222x and your sure yours says that you are on an outstanding certification?

Yes, I just called again and it says Outstanding certification.  But that may not mean anything.. Once they start calling candidates from this exam, They will probably call about 100-200 a time. So who ever are in the first 300's should start preparing.

My brother is 16xx and his says he is not currently on an outstanding certification. Deuces driver your 222x and your sure yours says that you are on an outstanding certification?

Your right because I'm list 14xx and I'm not currently on a outstanding certification so how is it someone with a higher number then us

Yes, I just called again and it says Outstanding certification. But that may not mean anything.. Once they start calling candidates from this exam, They will probably call about 100-200 a time. So who ever are in the first 300's should start preparing.

My brother is ahead of you on the list. He's 16xx his says he is not on an outstanding certification. How come you're says your on one but his says he's not? Lol weird

My brother is ahead of you on the list. He's 16xx his says he is not on an outstanding certification. How come you're says your on one but his says he's not? Lol weird

Alright Alright, I replayed it back 12 times. You're right "Not on an outstanding certification."  The lower list numbers will always be first regardless. lol sorry for the misunderstanding

I am between 1 and 161, no communication received yet. If anything comes, I will let everyone know. However, I did run into a rather minor "complication" in the past month so that might affect my candidacy, if it does, I will let people know so they can have an idea what to expect as I am sure I am not alone. If you work in the industry, please stay safe!

According to DCAS, I am on outstanding certification.

Edited by 161passenger

Fyi Rcvd my 4600 appearance letter and have to go in next week with documentation. Number is just under 200.

Also anyone know the answer to my previous post? I have two friends that are suing the MTA for an accident they were involved in.does anyone know if this will disqualify them from employment with the MTA?

Fyi Rcvd my 4600 appearance letter and have to go in next week with documentation. Number is just under 200.

Also anyone know the answer to my previous post? I have two friends that are suing the MTA for an accident they were involved in.does anyone know if this will disqualify them from employment with the MTA?

u received employment package? i called again today lol now it says i on outstanding certification. as for the lawsuit i would assume that it will have to be closed before u can proceed.  i would call mta and ask for definite answer.

@busman718 if you receive the employment letter from the MTA on the first page all instruction what you have to bring with you your driver license/ us passport Or birth certificate / The same letter they received from the MTA / your high school diploma / ball point pen black or blue ink / light lunch or snack .

I am going to same day on the Friday the 18th

I am going to same day on the Friday the 18th