B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. Don't you get your medical certificate through MTA during the hiring process? I have my CDL B license with A3 restriction. Selected "Excepted Interstate" when I went to the DMV to ammend my drivers license to a class B cdl.

Preparing for the CDL Permit test, I know this info has been covered before so I apologize just want to make sure I get everything right. . Need to get CDL class B with Passenger and Air Brakes. When they asked at DMV about the federal medical regulations, which one do we choose? NI, NA, EI, or EA?

FYI: List number 8xx.

Edited by dac9050

Non exempted interstate is the one you should get. You must get a dot physical first from a dot qualifying doctor. It's like 75 bucks for the physical. If you do not get the dot physical before getting the permit u will have an A3 restriction which will prevent you from getting the mta job.

For all the people who received the employment paperwork in the mail..... Did you guys also receive a phone call from the mta letting u know they sent you the paperwork and also of the date you are to go down to Livingston st

Ok i have an A3 restriction on my cdl permit and just scheduled an appointment with my doc who is registered under dot for a medical certificate on saturday. Hes charging $100 cash. After that I can take it to the dmv monday and pay $17.50 without taking the test over right? I just want to make sure i complete everything right before i have to appear. Thanx guys for all the help

My friend who went through the hiring process said the A3 restriction was fine...

can someone confirm this?

My friend who went through the hiring process said the A3 restriction was fine... Yeah it's i had a3 restriction on my cdl permit too when I did my medical back in January

can someone confirm this?

Yeah it's true I had a3 restriction on my cdl permit too when I did my medical back in January

Edited by bmx360

The A3 restriction just means you have to drive within the NY state so a DOT Medical is not required. Now if you have the DOT medical then you can choose the option to drive in any state. But you have to renew your medical every 2 years. The A3 restriction is not a problem.