B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Any of the guys who do get any initial packagedto fill out, if possible let us know what info we need to get ready, so when we get the packages we are prepared. Or if possible upload a picture of the forms.

@youngnyc not sure if that would be against forum rules. My apologies if it is. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey dac9050, without posting the actual forms make sure you have the following.

Original ss card

Cdl permit or license

Photo id regular license

As far as information the hardest part is employment history. I had to go to the social security office and pay 140 bucks for my enjoyment history printout.

The second hardest part, which is confusing to me and I'm hoping youngnyc can help me clarify, is the driving record. Hopefully he'll have some clarification on this part.

Guy when do you think they will starting calling people with list # 6***I know its far from know but can someone provide a guess or something. Thank you

I'm 4*** and they told me It might be a couple of years before I hear from them!

Hey guys, I got my letter inviting me to 180 Livingston St this Friday.  One of the requirements is highschool diploma or GED, but it says (if required) after.  So my question is, do they really want the diploma?  How do I know if it's required?  I called my school and it would cost $60 and take 4-6 weeks to receive it.  Will this be a problem?

Also, on the DMV form, there is a spot to list any tickets your received, but without a timeframe.  My abstract is clean, but I do have tickets from before that.  I don't remember any of that stuff!  Are they looking for stuff farther back than the abstract?  If they are, how do I list these tickets if I don't remember anything about them?

Hello FHdriver, I was down there today & from what I can tell you is that a H.S. diploma or the GED is required. They may or may not hold up your processing, you just have to ask them when you get there. as for the driving record as long as its clean & you have no pending tickets moving violations & parking your ok. They said to the entire group today that they only want you to put down pending tickets that old tickets as long as there resolved didn't matter as they will be pulling your abstract to get that info. hope this helps & show up at least 30-45min early to get a jump on the line. good luck.

@youngnycsubwayfan. When filling out the pre-employment package, and asked about employment history, how far do they go back? I have owned a barber shop for 13 yrs. is that all I'm going to have to put down?

usually most company wants 10 years of work history. not sure if mta wants ur whole history. can someone confirm? i hope its 10 yrs lol don't want to spend 140 and hours at ssn office. also ticket resolved meaning its OK if found guilty too? that's why i have 2 points on my license.

Hello people, I went down to 180 Livingston today & got some info that might help the next candidates that get called to report. Read the appointment letter carefully it will tell you everything you need to bring. show up at least 30-45min early or else you will be there another 2hrs longer. Once you get there you will get a # ticket then be directed to another counter & waiting area, I suggest you sit up front cause they will then tell everyone to form a single line to start handing out clips boards with additional paper work to be filled out & they will call you back in that order not your ticket # so the quicker your get on that line the quicker your processed. Work history is 10yrs back my last job was over 10yrs so I only had to list that one job. Any gaps between jobs in the past 10yrs put it down as unemployed to fill up the time. Same with residency 10yrs back only. They made an announcement that they only want you to put down any pending tickets (moving violations) & (parking) not past tickets that have been resolved as they will be checking your abstract there anyway. Out of state drivers need to bring there abstracts & can not be older then 30 days. Now for my issue, I had 15 points on my abstract from (cell phone) (speeding under 20mph) & (disobeying traffic device) no accidents or serious moving violations & no suspensions cause I plead guilty & in return the judge waived my suspension & yes I had an attorney. I was told to return back when the points get reduced to 4 or less & they go back 3yrs by the date of (violation) not the date of (conviction). That's all I got for now, hope this helps someone. all the best -sean

Yes that's what they announced to the entire room, that any pending tickets parking & moving should be put down. that's how the city gets you to pay.

@youngnycsubwayfan. When filling out the pre-employment package, and asked about employment history, how far do they go back? I have owned a barber shop for 13 yrs. is that all I'm going to have to put down?

I have been through the process, already and I had to go back 10 years. 

Thanks for the replies everybody.  So now I can only hope they don't hold up my application because of the diploma.  Who has that!? On 1 weeks notice!?  I ordered it but like I said, it takes 4-6 weeks.

I have another question.  Once I go in on Friday to do paperwork/drugtest, how long is it usually until they call you in for medical, and then when the medical is done, how long is it usually until you start training?  And my understanding is the 1st day training is at Zerega, but the rest of it is assigned to a random depot in any of the boroughs.  Is that correct?