B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's all not true you can have at fault accidents I had one and still got hired

Thanks for the update ASTOGEZZ i figures that couldnt all be true ..i should be good hopefully i ask bc i had an accident which was almost 3 yrs ago and is shows onmy abstract thats why i asked so hopefully im good... Thanks i appreciate that

Any idea if MTA will hire me if I have a DWI arrest but not convicted of it? The DWI got dismissed by the ADA

First, check into whether or not it is or it is not on your abstract. Second, make sure you have all of the paperwork related to this.

If you're prepared - you'll probably be good to go. If not, be prepared to be placed on hold.

Youngnyc i think you forgot to mention that a driver is allowed a max of 4 points

Nycgamer do they also count points that are older than 18 months or is only the last 18 months they count.. Bc points remain on a drivers abstract for almost 4 yrs i believe

Edited by bonilla1987

Nycgamer do they also count points that are older than 18 months or is only the last 18 months they count.. Bc points remain on a drivers abstract for almost 4 yrs i believe[/quote

If there showing on ur drivers abstract but are older than 18 months do they not count those or do they still count them?

If you received a violation with points attached to it they will count from exactly 3 years to the day of the violation regardless of conviction date.

Ok I was told by the dmv that it shows on our abstract for the remaininof the year in which it occured plus another 3 years and fall off in january 1st of the fourth year.. But if is been more than 3 years although is still showin on ur abstract mta wont hold it against u thats what ur tellin me right?

Edited by bonilla1987

First, check into whether or not it is or it is not on your abstract. Second, make sure you have all of the paperwork related to this.

If you're prepared - you'll probably be good to go. If not, be prepared to be placed on hold.

Thanks for the response Young.. It does show on my abstract, happened 3 yrs ago. And I do have the court disposition showing it got dismissed

But if is been more than 3 years although is still showin on ur abstract mta wont hold it against u thats what ur tellin me right?

Correct. Just the past three years is all they are interested in. Even if you go to another company for a driving job, they are also only interested in the past three years too.

Thanks for the response Young.. It does show on my abstract, happened 3 yrs ago. And I do have the court disposition showing it got dismissed

You're welcome.

So if you have an accident this year and they call you in a couple of years, will they put you on hold or you're disqualified?

From my experience with the hiring process with B/O exam 2613 (and from this website), once you go to 180 Livingston Street, they will run your abstract. Once they do so, they will tell you if you are able to proceed with the next step (drug test) or not. If not, they will have a brief discussion with you, and simply take it from there.

Thanks for the info bro very much appreciated...

You're welcome.

Hi, no I have not received any updates.  Going by this forum, it appears the people that got called are the first 200 on the list.  If I obtain any new information, I will definitely share it with everybody here.

Yes aparently the first 200 but atleast we know is finally moving and soon we should all hear from them just try and have all ur paperwork ready for when our time comes and good look to all..

Hi guys, you think they'll get to the 800s by fall...at least by the end of the year?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hey svjbk i would say defenitly yeah atleast to 1000 from what i heard the mta has a huge turn over rate between the people retiryin and the people veen promoted so i would say yea they most likely would but in the mean time lets just stay positive and make sure we have all our paper work and license nice and clean so that when our turn comes up we can hope on that quick.. Is all a waiting game now bc remember the list is good for 4 years and they already started workin on it and is only been 2 months since the list came out so majority if not all of us will be hearin from them is just a matter of time.. Good luck to u and everyone else waiting to hear from mta...

Hey svjbk i would say defenitly yeah atleast to 1000 from what i heard the mta has a huge turn over rate between the people retiryin and the people veen promoted so i would say yea they most likely would but in the mean time lets just stay positive and make sure we have all our paper work and license nice and clean so that when our turn comes up we can hope on that quick.. Is all a waiting game now bc remember the list is good for 4 years and they already started workin on it and is only been 2 months since the list came out so majority if not all of us will be hearin from them is just a matter of time.. Good luck to u and everyone else waiting to hear from mta...

Hey bonilla, yeah I'm staying positive and hoping for the best. No points on my license in the past 3 years and one accident (hoping not a problem but from the recent posts and a friend who is a bus driver it shouldn't). Just finished paying for my cdl permit last week and soon I'll start looking into driving school for my cdl license.

Good luck to you as well and everyone else.

Hey bonilla, yeah I'm staying positive and hoping for the best. No points on my license in the past 3 years and one accident (hoping not a problem but from the recent posts and a friend who is a bus driver it shouldn't). Just finished paying for my cdl permit last week and soon I'll start looking into driving school for my cdl license.

Good luck to you as well and everyone else.

Ok kool maybe ur friend has an idea as to how quick they go down the list i know is based on vacancies but since his in already he might have a better picture of things.. I do remember callin 180 livingston and they would tell me they werent goin to start callin people until the end of this year and look how fast they started callin so everythin might actually be quicker than we expect .. Have u asked him what did he say about where u stand as far as ur list number more less when he feels u should be hearing from them?

Ok kool maybe ur friend has an idea as to how quick they go down the list i know is based on vacancies but since his in already he might have a better picture of things.. I do remember callin 180 livingston and they would tell me they werent goin to start callin people until the end of this year and look how fast they started callin so everythin might actually be quicker than we expect .. Have u asked him what did he say about where u stand as far as ur list number more less when he feels u should be hearing from them?

Yeah basically the needs and vacancies. Took him 3 years to get called, so we on the right track.