B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Like everyone else suggested. It doesn't seen that long since I'm using the time to complete the CDL Process. I guess it would be anxious to those that are just waiting for the letters.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I can post that here. Private Message me.

Ok thanks.

If you give general details, then it is okay. If you give specific details, which I wouldn't recommend in the first place, then it is not allowed.

Ive had my cdl for about 2 years now. I went to "red hook on the road". Unemployment program in Brooklyn. I paid $80 and got 10 in class and on the road lessons plus included road exam. They even practice the actual road test with you. Great place. As far examiners go they're easy going ones and difficult ones. I was the second to last one to go out of 8ppl and the block you do parallel parking was a no go due to no parking and no highway driving because it was a lot of traffic. We basically went in a big circle. Lol examiner made me pull up to mc d's so he can grab fries....total truth I swear lol.

Ive had my cdl for about 2 years now. I went to "red hook on the road". Unemployment program in Brooklyn. I paid $80 and got 10 in class and on the road lessons plus included road exam. They even practice the actual road test with you. Great place. As far examiners go they're easy going ones and difficult ones. I was the second to last one to go out of 8ppl and the block you do parallel parking was a no go due to no parking and no highway driving because it was a lot of traffic. We basically went in a big circle. Lol examiner made me pull up to mc d's so he can grab fries....total truth I swear lol.

That's too funny.

Forgot to mention!! I took a NYC Corrections Officer exam a few weeks ago, I am actually very I interested in taking that job when they call me...the OT in Corrections is ridiculous and I am sorry guys id rather get in on it lol.

question, if by the time they reach my list number (low 3000s) and I am not ready to take the job, is it possible to put my spot on hold and take the job in the future?

Edited by MTAhopeful1

Not every one that took the test is on this forum, so noone knows for sure how many recieved the pre employment letter.

True. I am just taking an educated guess, as I am list number 21x and have no received a letter yet, so I assume it was sent to the top 200.

No advertising bro. You don't want the advertising police to get you  -_- .

-First 200 were called

Forgot to mention!! I took a NYC Corrections Officer exam a few weeks ago, I am actually very I interested in taking that job when they call me...the OT in Corrections is ridiculous and I am sorry guys id rather get in on it lol.

question, if by the time they reach my list number (low 3000s) and I am not ready to take the job, is it possible to put my spot on hold and take the job in the future?

Might get bumped but before u do. Read on that, they are about to undergo a major transformation n investigation :ph34r: .

-The CDL (least for the A) is based on the examiner like every other test. First time I tried it I failed miserably (Maspeth location), 2nd time my instructor told me I can request another examiner if I already took a test with one and I did. I sucked at parallel parking the trailer, not close enough yet she let that slide. Also was too slow on the freeway (bumpy ride in a old rickety truck, i was in the air half the test). I swore i failed, she passed me. Been driving trailers since after that but then, even I woulda failed me and she passed me. Before, I was perfect, guy failed me. Its all based on what examiner u have and his/her mood that day?

(Funny Fact, DMV CDL Examiners aren't required to have a CDL and most of them actually have a Class D license and never drove any of the vehicles class that they examine u on).

Work on the CDL before u get called, costly in some cases (no advertising here) :D , cheaper in others. Better to work on it for months rather than in a space of 10 days. ;)

You can always restore your name to the list if you turn down the job when the mta initially reaches your name on the list.

...Providing the list did not expire.

No advertising bro. You don't want the advertising police to get you  -_- .

-The CDL (least for the A) is based on the examiner like every other test. First time I tried it I failed miserably (Maspeth location)...

(Work on the CDL before u get called, costly in some cases (no advertising here) :D , cheaper in others. Better to work on it for months rather than in a space of 10 days. ;)

As far as the advertising, even when I post links to DMV and Ferrari's website, try to keep it to a minimum. Please do not go overboard with this.

One of the things my driving school did is, on a Saturday or Sunday, they took me to the road test location and I practiced that at least once in the commercial vehicle (tractor trailer or bus). In addition, I practiced it several times with my own vehicle. Looking back, it definitely helped, especially with the railroad crossings in Maspeth.

I will agree though, even looking back on my personal experience, I should have gotten the CDL first before entering the intense 10-day training session with NYC Transit's Dept. of Buses Training Division.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan
Typographical error...

Youngnycsubway. What do you think is the passing rate for the mta training? Percentage wise, how many do you think pass?

Youngnycsubway, what do you think the passing rate is for the bus training? Percentage wise, how many do you think pass?

Sorry for double post my internet was acting funny didn't look like the first one went thru so re typed it lol

Youngnycsubway. What do you think is the passing rate for the mta training? Percentage wise, how many do you think pass?...

Sorry for double post my internet was acting funny didn't look like the first one went thru so re typed it lol

That's fine...refer to this clip for the answer, especially in between 1 minute, 20 seconds and 1 minute, 30 seconds for the answer.