B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@161newyorl the reason I was asking is because I am TA a new operator and the closet depot to me is a queens depot

Do you know if the how much difference is the pay.

Is the benefits and pension the same has twu 100 25/55

I'm not sure if ATU 1056 has ratified a contract with the TA. I am on Staten Island and a part of ATU 726, we have not yet ratified a contract.The pay difference is minimal $1 or so. 

The benefits (outside of medical) differ slightly, different providers etc.

The pension is exactly the same.

Pay is a dollar less and the other question not sure have ask another im Ta in a ta depot

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Staten Island (CA, CH, MA and YU) and Queens (JA, QV and CS) bus operators are all TA in TA depots. 

Edited by 161NewYork

I'm not sure if ATU 1056 has ratified a contract with the TA. I am on Staten Island and a part of ATU 726, we have not yet ratified a contract.The pay difference is minimal $1 or so. 

The benefits (outside of medical) differ slightly, different providers etc.

The pension is exactly the same.

Staten Island (CA, CH, MA and YU) and Queens (JA, QV and CS) bus operators are all TA in TA depots. 

@161newyork i know few people in the class ahead of me that are TA and was force to staten island and they said the pay is a dollar less which is crazy 

if the benefits outside of medical is pretty much the same thats not much of difference i think 

didn't know the depots in queens and staten island was ta depots 

is it true that if you transfer to queens your stuck in that depot for life 

if i didn't request to the transfer to queens from orientation when the general pick comes around will i be able to pick into queens still

when you pick in the general is it just the depot your picking are will you be able to pick a run also

@161newyork i know few people in the class ahead of me that are TA and was force to staten island and they said the pay is a dollar less which is crazy

if the benefits outside of medical is pretty much the same thats not much of difference i think

didn't know the depots in queens and staten island was ta depots

is it true that if you transfer to queens your stuck in that depot for life

if i didn't request to the transfer to queens from orientation when the general pick comes around will i be able to pick into queens still

when you pick in the general is it just the depot your picking are will you be able to pick a run also

TWU local 100 starting pay rate is 23 and change an hr.

If you pick or transfer to a Queens or Staten Island depot, you will be stuck there for the rest of your career.

General picks allows you to pick a depot you wish to go to within your division title (oa, TA) depots or unions zone. When you pick that depot you will also pick a run and route out of that depot

Edited by TheNYCTBeast

TWU local 100 starting pay rate is 23 and change an hr.

If you pick or transfer to a Queens or Staten Island depot, you will be stuck there for the rest of your career.

General picks allows you to pick a depot you wish to go to within your division title (oa, TA) depots or unions zone. When you pick that depot you will also pick a run and route out of that depot

ok thanks i have a better understanding of how it works @nyctbeast

As for the starting pay goes, TWU 100 members get $23.26 and ATU 726 in Staten Island get $22.69. The reason is the ATU 726 has not signed the new contract yet hence the old rate. Once signed hopefully this month, starting pay will rise to $23.26 retroactive March 2017...

So with the cpap if you use it for 30 days is it automatic that you'll be cleared or is their still a possibility you won't be cleared even with the cpap machine?

i believe you would be cleared but you have to keep using it because you go into the ta doctors for follow ups regarding the sleep apnea.

As for the starting pay goes, TWU 100 members get $23.26 and ATU 726 in Staten Island get $22.69. The reason is the ATU 726 has not signed the new contract yet hence the old rate. Once signed hopefully this month, starting pay will rise to $23.26 retroactive March 2017...

ok thanks for information

They are starting the hiring process again I got a letter and I have to go there on Tuesday this is my second time I'm going down there I went in November 2016 and they turned me away because I had a old suspension from 2014 but now they don't look at that anyone they said from February this year it would of been nice if they would of told me I could of been working with them from February smh

I called DCAS to check my status I'm on the list I'm not on an outstanding certification and I have been removed from the list(Ive been on medical hold for more then 3 months for sleep apnea) I'm 2 days away from completing my 30 days of therapy successfully. My thing is how do I reinstate my name if I don't want to write a letter I remember seeing something along the lines that I could I email them? If so that would be great. I was planning on going Monday to MTA to Mac to give my medical paperwork but I also want to get reinstated because I so ready to get in and start my career.. Thanks for the help