B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Young. Question for you my friend. You said you knew a driving school that the instructors are former MTA operators correct? A friend of mine is on the list and wants to attend this school with the mta instructors. Do you remember the name of the school?  Thanks man. 

1 hour ago, Invzo1019 said:

Hey Young. Question for you my friend. You said you knew a driving school that the instructors are former MTA operators correct? A friend of mine is on the list and wants to attend this school with the mta instructors. Do you remember the name of the school?  Thanks man. 

1st Choice Driving School in Brooklyn, however, last I heard, they have discontinued their CDL training programs.

Sorry...

18 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

1st Choice Driving School in Brooklyn, however, last I heard, they have discontinued their CDL training programs.

Sorry...

When I use to do the B25 via Fulton street, before you cross Eastern Pkwy I use to see their commercial bus in white parked on the side of the road. Their bus had the front wheels position behind the driver which is similar to the transit buses. 

Day was day 11. All day at union class of 25 only 19 qualified n 5 of 19 has road test 2morrow.  U can no longer go to line training with a permit. Also training is now 6 week's. U get a mentor for two weeks included in ur 6 weeks tomorrow day 12 at zerega. 

10 hours ago, mtawife said:

Day was day 11. All day at union class of 25 only 19 qualified n 5 of 19 has road test 2morrow.  U can no longer go to line training with a permit. Also training is now 6 week's. U get a mentor for two weeks included in ur 6 weeks tomorrow day 12 at zerega. 

Yes a union rep at my depot was telling me and another probie about the mentor for two weeks of line training 

2 hours ago, scar3face said:

Day 4, we did pillar turns.. not bad.. need to drive more caution when near pedestrian .. slow down when potential hazards are around. I'm looking to qualify day 7.. let's c how it goes.

At least you understand the issue and problems you have work on them and go for it. Make that day 7!

14 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

I had a training bus in front of me this morning on the B41 route during rush hour time on Avenue N. Looks like the Supt had the trainee pull over to the right just so I can pass by and pick up the heavy  load at The bus stop.

That was me I believe, we were serving  bus stop but ppl don't read it's a training bus and kept trying to enter as I open doors lol. So she was let this bus pick them up..it was around 6:40 or something?

13 minutes ago, scar3face said:

That was me I believe, we were serving  bus stop but ppl don't read it's a training bus and kept trying to enter as I open doors lol. So she was let this bus pick them up..it was around 6:40 or something?

I left my first stop at 6:56 so most likely itcwas around 7:05am 

Are you training out of FB? Or JFK?

1 hour ago, scar3face said:

Jfk depo. But I remember when that happend

If that was your bus, You was on Ralph Avenue and made a right turn at the light onto Avenue N and was trying to pull in the first bus stop and continued to the next one but stop at the corner before the next bus stop, that when I  passed by and went around to service the bus stop.

Yup... I didn’t stop cuz a big load and then at the corner made the stop to switch turns... I drove from 6:00 to like 7:10...

i did very good in day 4.. no comments and everything was satisfied. I was like yeaaaah!

33 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

If that was your bus, You was on Ralph Avenue and made a right turn at the light onto Avenue N and was trying to pull in the first bus stop and continued to the next one but stop at the corner before the next bus stop, that when I  passed by and went around to service the bus stop.

I understand. We put pressure on ourselves unnecessarily. I went over a curb on day 6 😅 so nervous about having a perfect day I missed my pivot point oh well I went to day 9 n qualified like I was driving that bus my whole life.  I ran a yellow everyday till day 5. I have my license coming in. But it was Still stressful. Test me if u start everyday with a clear head n take ur Time u will be fine