B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Brooklynbreed1 said:

What I don't understand is that I was waiting on my last processing part and I get this letter now?

I was in the same boat the first time. The called me in however it was longer than 30 days(which is all drug test is good for). When they sent me a second letter pre employment I got called the very next week for the medical(which I was placed on medical hold for sleep apnea and it took me  while to get it cleared up) Now I all my medical documents in order. But your drug test probably expired. But this time they more they likely will get back to you within a week. Don't hope me to that was experience. 

20 minutes ago, Brooklynbreed1 said:

I was also put on hold for sleep apnea and I did the study also got that cleared and was lifted off the medical hold and at the time I went back I was told to go back to dcas and now I was sent this letter now mind you I was on the last phase I was told to bring a money order of 87 dollars 

How long did they take to call you when you restored yourself?

Just got a call from my girl telling me that a letter just arrived (NOV 28) telling me to come in for pre employment on Monday NOV 27th. Been trying to call the number on the letter for about an hour now. Guess I'll have to try and go to Livingston st tomorrow. Does anyone have an idea of the next class dates?

Edited by Yardyoute2

Does anyone know where I can find out a list of what prescription drugs a person can and can not be on in order to get this job.   Got a friend ready to go thru pre employment but he's on a few prescription drugs for depression. Does anyone know where I can get a list of what prescription drugs are allowed or not allowed to get the job?   Thanks. 

The next class is supposed to be on 12/5. That what the guy at the information desk told me when I asked him he showed me the paper it said 12/5/17. That's way to close because the Drug Test takes 3 days and then they would have to do medicals on Saturday or at by latest Monday. That's crazy if the paper is right. 

5 hours ago, Yardyoute2 said:

Just got a call from my girl telling me that a letter just arrived (NOV 28) telling me to come in for pre employment on Monday NOV 27th. Been trying to call the number on the letter for about an hour now. Guess I'll have to try and go to Livingston st tomorrow. Does anyone have an idea of the next class dates?

Same here. I just checked the mail after checking yesterday and boom MTA letter dated for yesterday smh. Has this happened to anyone else in the past? Whats the proper steps to correct this. Im currenly on hold with the usps to file a 6th complaint this year. If anything ill go tomorrow morning and hope this can be cleared up. I waited 3 years for this

17 minutes ago, justdre88 said:

Same here. I just checked the mail after checking yesterday and boom MTA letter dated for yesterday smh. Has this happened to anyone else in the past? Whats the proper steps to correct this. Im currenly on hold with the usps to file a 6th complaint this year. If anything ill go tomorrow morning and hope this can be cleared up. I waited 3 years for this

It happened to me in May I got a letter to report for May 30th on May 30th. I just showed up the next day. When I got to the front desk they asked for the letter and an ID

12 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

It happened to me in May I got a letter to report for May 30th on May 30th. I just showed up the next day. When I got to the front desk they asked for the letter and an ID

Thanx bro you just boosted my confidence. I just got all the paperwork ready with 2 pens. You think theyll understand me arriving 2 days later since i was suppose to report yesterday?

Received my letter last Friday and I’m heading down on Thursday @7:30 don’t know what’s the process for me because I have my medical card already and had my cdl since 2008 hope all goes well and congrats to all who received their letters this month