B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

54 minutes ago, justdre88 said:

Same here. I just checked the mail after checking yesterday and boom MTA letter dated for yesterday smh. Has this happened to anyone else in the past? Whats the proper steps to correct this. Im currenly on hold with the usps to file a 6th complaint this year. If anything ill go tomorrow morning and hope this can be cleared up. I waited 3 years for this

I called for a few hours and ended up speaking to Mrs Chestnut, she said that i should just go down to livingston st. anytime this week. My problem is that a DEC class wouldn't work for me. My coworker has family issues and will be off the whole of DEC so I have to hold the fort down. I've worked at my current job for 12 years and just cannot burn them like that. Does anyone know if you are offered options of class dates? Or would I have to just take myself off until JAN when I can make this move.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, justdre88 said:

Boy was that a long day. I was there from 7 am until 8 pm. The lab was really back up but glad i got everything done. So whats the next step? Wait for a letter in the mail to return?

They should of told you to check your email(including spam) or they will call you between 3 to 90 days. 

On 11/28/2017 at 7:30 PM, Scott24 said:

Received my letter last Friday and I’m heading down on Thursday @7:30 don’t know what’s the process for me because I have my medical card already and had my cdl since 2008 hope all goes well and congrats to all who received their letters this month 

I have my medical card as well, that means nothing because MTA wants there doctors to exam and clear you.  First you have to go thru pre employment/ drug test. Then you have go wait for a phone call /email for the medical part. 

1 hour ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

I have my medical card as well, that means nothing because MTA wants there doctors to exam and clear you.  First you have to go thru pre employment/ drug test. Then you have go wait for a phone call /email for the medical part. 

Ok thanks for the info  cause I just recently got my medical card renewed didn’t know if they would accept it or not 

3 hours ago, Brooklynbreed1 said:

@futureBOtoTO did you do your medical before because I had my done last month 

Yes I had mine done in June I was placed on a medical hold it took more then 90 days for me to get my medical issues cleared(because of my. Personal insurance). I also had to restore my name to the list thru DCAS. 

29 minutes ago, Brooklynbreed1 said:

So once Mac clears you are good that's what I was told up the front desk 

Yes this is as long as they are hiring off 4600 when you get cleard by MAC. However if they aren't hiring any longer of the last at that time and let's say it's been a month and I'm 2 more months total of 3 months or 90 days they still didn't call then you need to redo Mac because it's only good for 3 months. Just like if they got you for the next class let' use today's date for example 11/30. And they call you medical in January then you need to retake your drug test and fill out the pre employment form again.