B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Not yet, as far as I know. According to the October 2013 employment news (http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf/employnws.pdf), all candidates should receive an admission letter in the mail by December 4th, so I am assuming that around Thanksgiving we should be getting them in the mail, which will contain all of the information we need.

Cool, thanks for ur reply Young! I'm just starting with the MTA as B/O so I'm just asking for my brother to keep em in touch with what's going on and giving him the info on how long it might take. I'm just letting em know to keep his job until the ball starts rolling for him. It took me nearly 5 yrs to get where I am and I'm very happy and humble about it. Thank GOD!

Edited by Moski79er

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, thanks for ur reply Young! I'm just starting with the MTA as B/O so I'm just asking for my brother to keep em in touch with what's going on and giving him the info on how long it might take. I'm just letting em know to keep his job until the ball starts rolling for him. It took me nearly 5 yrs to get where I am and I'm very happy and humble about it. Thank GOD!

You're welcome.

Hi I'm new here and I applied for the exam, however after I applied it says that I applied  for the exam, but I don't see anything under payment status so can somebody please tell me what that means.  I also got a confirmation email saying I paid so I'm not really sure, can somebody help me please and thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

when was the last time TA gave an exam? Was it 4 years ago? will this exam move fast since its a different divison of the mta?

In my opinion, this is what happened:

A bus operator exam was given in 2008 under DCAS (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/200808006000.pdf). Four years later, NYC Transit offered another exam, #2613 (http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/2613.pdf). However, from what I read on this site in another thread, NYC Transit expected a lot more people to apply for the exam and pass the 1st test back in January, since not everyone is going to make it. This did not happen, since the agency was able to administer the BOSS exam on one day at 2 separate times (8:30 and 11:30 if I recall correctly).

As a result, later that summer, NYC Transit offered exam #4600 (http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/4600.pdf). What I noticed during the filing period for this exam was 2 things. First, they advertised it in the NYC Transit buses in Queens (however I am assuming around the city). Second, they also extended the filing date by one week to September 3rd, since they wanted more people to apply.

Therefore, Dmoney2g8 answered the first part. As far as the second part, the TA has to go through exam 2613 first. After that, it will depend on the hiring needs of the agency.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Hi I'm new here and I applied for the exam, however after I applied it says that I applied  for the exam, but I don't see anything under payment status so can somebody please tell me what that means.  I also got a confirmation email saying I paid so I'm not really sure, can somebody help me please and thanks.

Same here. When I log in to check application status there's nothing under payment status. Haven't received any emails since the confirmation email and no letters in the mail. Does anyone else have nothing under payment status?

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone knows when is the exam for 4600, ?

does any one know when is the test date for exam 4600,any help is appreciated

thanks I send the fee now I would like to know when is the exam do you know im a new at this forum

According to http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/4600.htm, the exam is scheduled for December 14th (Saturday) OR December 15th (Sunday).

According to http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/4600.htm, the exam is scheduled for December 14th (Saturday) OR December 15th (Sunday).

thanks I really appreciate it, Im going to attend a class on nov 23rd just to get a head start for the test. on dec. 14th is it the boss ,or civil service ?

thanks

thanks I really appreciate it, Im going to attend a class on nov 23rd just to get a head start for the test. on dec. 14th is it the boss ,or civil service ?

thanks

The exams on December 14th and 15th are for civil service. I sent NYC Transit an e-mail about some confusion on their webpage back in early September, and in their reply, they indicated the following:

"The exam you applied for is NYCT - Bus Operator, Exam number 4600.  This exam will be administered on December 14, 2013 and will be a multiple choice test.  Your score on this test will be used to determine your place on an eligible list.  The Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) is the second part to this exam which would not occur until sometime next year.  "

The exam for 2613 was held in January and the BOSS for that was given in June. My educated guess is that the BOSS for 4600 will be given either in May or June of 2014. 

I through the test prep class was on Saturday November 16th unless it was changed.

I thought so too. However, if a huge number of people are taking the BOSS, then the prep class might have been pushed back to 11/23/13. I would love to go, however I can not since I am on a business trip that weekend.

I would suggest to email mtanycexamclass@gmail.com and see what they say.

So the prep is not today, the 16? need to know because the address 85- 15  101st Ave  Ozone Park, Queens 10416 doesnt pop up or the Christ Lutheran church for the area.

I wanted to go but if the info is not accurate then what's the point. I got an email sometime ago that the course will be held today. Thanks

yes it is today the address is 85-15 101st Avenue Ozone Park Queens, 11416 try it on Hopstop.com

So the prep is not today, the 16? need to know because the address 85- 15  101st Ave  Ozone Park, Queens 10416 doesnt pop up or the Christ Lutheran church for the area.

I wanted to go but if the info is not accurate then what's the point. I got an email sometime ago that the course will be held today. Thanks