Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R32sdabest

Best and worst buses

This thread is about your opinions on what buses you love and hate. Don't start going against each other and starting a war. Only buses but don't include bus depots. I'll start->

My favorite bus is the RTS and the bus I hate is the next gen

I actually do like the RTS's a lot for the sheer fact that I think it has more standing room than the other buses.

I don't my bus name's that well but the new buses on the B3 are okay..just don't like the fact the people don't ever stand after the back door with the steps going up.

Oh the O7 is 100% without a doubt my favorite bus out there, because of pretty much everything about them. 

The new C40LF's I despise with every fiber of my being, because they are just so BORING. Not to mention, the seats suck, and it rides pretty crappy. 

• Upvote 1

Have a feeling this will get locked by the mods, but I like the Flxible Metro... sucks that all transit systems except for TriMet and Charleston South Carolina have eradicated all their units. I don't really have a dislike though...

I love the New Flyer XD40s specifically...but i like all Xcelsior models...the worst bus is RTS...especially with a slow driver

totally agree^I like the 1999 D60HF,SEPTA's an460,de41lf,American Ikarus

Best: The Old C40LFs, these buses have the best sound out of any bus i've heard, especially with the A/C on. (I like the Orion V CNG just as much, but the C40's are top with sound)

(My top three are Old C40LFs > Orion V CNGs > The bees (Orion V Ex-bee line))

Worst: Hybrid Orion VII NGs... Those things have no sound to them, the plastic grey interior is boring. Also, The bus sometimes shakes violently when at a stop with the engine on (a characteristic of old EOL buses). The bus may look kind of good on the outside, but its not a good bus on the inside. Also, these buses are EVERYWHERE! To add on, they replaced some of my favorite older RTS series at LGA (Ex-triboro 71xx's & 72xx's, 80xx-83xx's).

Edited by 4P3607
  • Upvote 1

Best: The Old C40LFs, these buses have the best sound out of any bus i've heard, especially with the A/C on. (I like the Orion V CNG just as much, but the C40's are top with sound)

(My top three are Old C40LFs > Orion V CNGs > The bees (Orion V Ex-bee line))

Worst: Hybrid Orion VII NGs... Those things have no sound to them, the plastic grey interior is boring. Also, The bus sometimes shakes violently when at a stop with the engine on (a characteristic of old EOL buses). The bus may look kind of good on the outside, but its not a good bus on the inside. Also, these buses are EVERYWHERE! To add on, they replaced some of my favorite older RTS series at LGA (Ex-triboro 71xx's & 72xx's, 80xx-83xx's).

Oh yes the GMC RTS. Those were my favorite of all time back in the day when Jamaica Buses existed. I love your opinions

The best bus gets me from point A to point B quickly and comfortably. The worst bus does not.

...alright, I'll play, I'm partial to a 6v92 RTS...

• Upvote 6

The best bus gets me from point A to point B quickly and comfortably. The worst bus does not.

Thank you! :P

Any RTS for me, to hell with the new shit.

• Upvote 1

Ok, the favorites: 1. 1999/2000 C40LF, why, the unique engine sounds from almost every bus, they sound good with a/c or not and the DD50/B400R is perfect, the seating arrangement is good too. 2. 1998/1999 Orion 5 CNG why, Those damn sound effects lol, seating arrangement is perfect and that ring.. 3. RTS of any type ( ZF the most) why: it's an RTS.. 4. Orion 7 CNG OG: why, same reasons as above. Worst: 1. 2011/2012 New flyer C40LF, why, they are dull and boring and the sound effects suck and the seating is shit also and they shake and rattle ALOT. 2. New flyer XD40's: I just don't care for them, they are just there. 3. Orion 3G: why, again they are dull and it sucks being crowded on that bus.. There are my 2 cents..

Guest MTA Bus

My best is the Orion V CNG buses. Man, could those buses haul some ass !!

My worst is the LFS. That bus looks so small on the outside and it looks like a fish.

Agreed!

I love me a MCI Classic with a 6V92 though...

RTS's, Orion 5's and D60's anyday here...

...not a big fan of the low-floors to be honest.

My favorite buses are the RTS buses in the winter, because those are the toastiest, warmest buses I've been in. (About five years ago, I encountered a RTS that was all 2x2 seating, where the seats were all cushioned and the seats were on a raised platform above the aisle level. I wonder what that was all about :huh: )

The worst bus I hate is the new bus model with the pull cord (not sure what the name of it is) - the rigid bucket seats cut off blood circulation to my legs, and having spiked hair and leaning while falling asleep means that I'm at risk of triggering the cord with my hair <_<

Edited by bobtehpanda

Grumman 870s. Sure the Grummans had frame problems and a few other issues, but they ran fine after those were dealt with even though they were retired because of a fire after only four years. Luckily NJT picked them up and they ran until 2001. The RTS is the icon of the MTA and New York City in general. After some of the issues with the buses were dealt with they ran well, with most of the GMC RTS making it into the 21st century in service.

Then we have the Fishbowls from GMC and Flxible. The fishbowls were iconic buses of the US and Canada for many years. MTA's units as well as many others across the county ran in service for over 20+ years before being replaced throughout the 1980s and 1990s. This is a brief explanation on why I think these buses were the best.

Edited by DJ MC
  • Upvote 1

Rts is worst in my opinion, along the q88 its not uncommon to see 2-3 rts buses broken down during the course of a week. Favorite buses are the Orion V.