Best and worst buses

R32sdabest

I'm Gonna miss Some Of Orion V CNG, RTS ,

(But some Of the RTS Buses are lookin horrible ever since their were sent out to MTA BUS) ;

Best Buses

• D60HF

•XD60

•Novabus (Low Floor Articulated)

•Orion V

•C40LF

•MCI

Worst Buses

•XD40

•Orion 7 CNG and Hydrids

My favorite buses are the Orion VII's the XD40's, the old and new C40LF's the RTS and the Orion V.

I really have no opinion on the D60HF's because I never rode them and I only rode the LFSA's once.

I don't really like the Orion V CNG's I guess because they were the buses I rode almost all the time between 2006-2011 on the CP routes.

And I just hate the LFS's I don't know why but to me the bus just seems small and crowds easier.

• 8 months later...

Best Buses: Orion V CNG because of the sound affects AND THAT RING, OH GOD!!! 1999 New Flyer C40LF, because of the fast acceleration and unique Allison sounds. Nova RTS because of that tough engine. Orion VII CNG OG (with Allison only) because it's LOUD!!! 2011 New Flyer XD40 (WITHOUT LBSS) because it's amazing engine, and good looks. 2011 New Flyer C40LF (WITHOUT LBSS) same reason for the Xcelsior.

Worst Buses: Most 2004 New Flyer D60HFs, because they are boring, unlike the 2000 and 199X ones. 2011 Nova LFS (40foot only) because they are small and look ugly. 2011 Orion VII 3G diesel, because they are also boring, and horrible rear seating arrangements. Any bus with LBSS, because the LBSS just makes it slower and sound bad. Also the Orion VII HEV NG because they have bad suspension, breakdown all the time, overall bad compared to other buses, and they caused the TMC RTSs to retire. The NGs are what caused MTA stop buying hybrids so you can see how bad they are.

My Best:

RTS of course

D60HF 5000s (1000s kinda sucked)

C40LF 800-989 awesome bus and BIG rear doors, the new flyers are supposed to be :D

Xcelsiors, D4500CT, X3-45

NABI 40-lfw (beeline)

Neoplan AN460 (beeline)

My Worst:

Nova LFS

ANYTHING GILLIG - I HATE GILLIGS WITH A F****NG UNDYING PASSION

And anything El-Dorado - there's ugly, there's UGLY, and there's UHGALAY

Honorable Mention:

Orion 5 (most if not all, but especially LIB 396-462 [NICE 1633-1699] )

Nova LFS articulated

My favorite buses are the RTS buses in the winter, because those are the toastiest, warmest buses I've been in. (About five years ago, I encountered a RTS that was all 2x2 seating, where the seats were all cushioned and the seats were on a raised platform above the aisle level. I wonder what that was all about :huh: )

The worst bus I hate is the new bus model with the pull cord (not sure what the name of it is) - the rigid bucket seats cut off blood circulation to my legs, and having spiked hair and leaning while falling asleep means that I'm at risk of triggering the cord with my hair <_<

Those are our old express busses before the MCIs came in in 99ish I think

As far as best bus. I like the RTS and hybrid. I do like the orion 5 sometimes how it has more a mechanical feel to it being it has a real transmission. But honestly it doesn't matter as long as the seat is good and the mirrors don't have transfers in it holding it in place (Other B.O.s know what I'm talking about)

As far as best bus. I like the RTS and hybrid. I do like the orion 5 sometimes how it has more a mechanical feel to it being it has a real transmission. But honestly it doesn't matter as long as the seat is good and the mirrors don't have transfers in it holding it in place (Other B.O.s know what I'm talking about)

But want to drive a nice bus. That damn prevost is litteraly like the rolls Royce of busses at least for the driver

Favorite Bus (BY FAR!):

The one, the only, the Orion V diesels. This includes the 100-600 series, and the current 6000-6300 series. I love those buses, and wish they would just stay a tad bit longer. I grew up with these buses, my closest depot being Casey Stengel. I will miss them indeed when they retiring.

Other Favorites:

Orion VII (OG and NG Hybrids)

Orion V CNG's

Novabus LFSA

Orion VII 3G Diesels

5000 series RTS

Worst:

Novabus LFS (Non- Articulated)

Any RTS that is older than the 5000 series (Dunno, just don't like them)

New Flyer CNG's (The Newer Ones)

Orion VII CNG's (WAYYY too loud)

ANY GILLIG, MY GOD THEY ARE TERRIBLE

Honorable Mentions:

The Xcelsiors that run here in NYC,  never ridden one but by the looks they look pretty nice!

The older New Flyer's.

Favorite Bus (BY FAR!):

The one, the only, the Orion V diesels. This includes the 100-600 series, and the current 6000-6300 series. I love those buses, and wish they would just stay a tad bit longer. I grew up with these buses, my closest depot being Casey Stengel. I will miss them indeed when they retiring.

Other Favorites:

Orion VII (OG and NG Hybrids)

Orion V CNG's

Novabus LFSA

Orion VII 3G Diesels

5000 series RTS

Worst:

Novabus LFS (Non- Articulated)

Any RTS that is older than the 5000 series (Dunno, just don't like them)

New Flyer CNG's (The Newer Ones)

Orion VII CNG's (WAYYY too loud)

ANY GILLIG, MY GOD THEY ARE TERRIBLE

Honorable Mentions:

The Xcelsiors that run here in NYC, never ridden one but by the looks they look pretty nice!

The older New Flyer's.

I have no idea how much longer they can keep them going all the Staten island ones are 500-550ish thousand miles

Archived