Curious D train

pjbr40

I went to Yankee Stadium for the Subway series of course the METS won. Anyway, i met my friend at 34 Street (1) platform and there like train almost every 3 to 5 minutes. That good. By the time we got to 59 Street to take either (D) or (B) to 161 that station was becoming like "Crocodile Dundee" theme (end of the movie). We waited for long time. My friend said that express to 125 street was super fast to the stadium. No curious here.

Here come the curious 

When the game was at top of 9 inning, we both decided to leave before the rush and we knew the METS gonna win. We got downstair and the (D) was sitting there for while i guess. Conductors close the door right away after we got on. There was other employees on platform with flashlight to assist the conductor with door closing. As the train rumble thru the tunnel he kept saying "(D) to Second Avenue." I was wandering if this was a short turn around because of the game? They went straight to 7 Ave stop to go to 6 Ave line. I couldnt think any other reason why (D) was going to Second Ave at that moment. 

Typical Yankee "fans" .... if they're losing they ALL leave before the game is over.

Last year I worked a baseball special where they were losing to Cleveland by 9 runs and people started pouring out of the stadium in the 6th inning. Way to support your team.

ok i thought so because i know some of those crowd is from LI or NJ so it can take them as far as 34 street.  Just curious, when train terminate at 2 Avenue does it do revenue service back to 205 street or they do non revenue and return back to 161 and do another run?

ok i thought so because i know some of those crowd is from LI or NJ so it can take them as far as 34 street.  Just curious, when train terminate at 2 Avenue does it do revenue service back to 205 street or they do non revenue and return back to 161 and do another run?

no they do one trip and return back OOS am i right snowblock?

Depends on service. If service is messed up they go into service.

For a minute I thought this was a sequel to "Scared D train"... anyways, Baseball specials are normal when Yankee Games happen, and they can terminate anywhere. Usually its an R68A that either says, (B) , Special, (D) ,or sometimes the sign is messed up and says between (B) & (D) . Occasionally they do it on the (A) (someone I know back then caught an R44 (A) baseball special). I've had a baseball special signed up as (B) (on a weekend) and go down CPW express then its normal (B) route to Brighton beach (then NIS back up). (Ironically, the train was almost empty the whole way).

I've heard of BB Specials going to Second Avenue (Most common), 9 Avenue, World Trade Center, Brighton Beach, Even Lefferts Blvd (I believe there was a delay in service or some type of incident, causing this to happen). One of the most recent oddities of a BB Special was an R68A (C) train that went via 8 Avenue express and continued its normal (C) route to Euclid.

Typical Yankee "fans" .... if they're losing they ALL leave before the game is over.

Last year I worked a baseball special where they were losing to Cleveland by 9 runs and people started pouring out of the stadium in the 6th inning. Way to support your team.

I would just sit there and watch the whole game like a true yankee fan. I would sit with the bleachers creatures.

One of the most recent oddities of a BB Special was an R68A (C) train that went via 8 Avenue express and continued its normal (C) route to Euclid.

That wasn't a baseball special because I worked that train that day. that was a concert special for some event they were having in central park.

To be fair, with this kind of team even 3 runs down and it's over. No 2009 magic where no deficits were too big to overcome. But regardless and as tough as a blowout can be, I probably would stick to the end because I paid for my ticket and am not leaving till I see the whole game.

Archived