What depot will have the last blackbacked OG?

Lennyj17

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will Own the Last Blackbacked OG

• JFK
    • FR
    • BP
    • LGA
    • MHV
    • CS
    • Other

MHV, for sure. I think there's something with them on keeping 6701 original.

Just assuming of course.

6701 is a funky bus...it's not quite original, cause if you look around the numbers on all of the lower panels are the kind that Zerega puts on, not the OEM numbers. So it must have been repainted at some point from a blackback into a blackback (or at least gotten a partial repaint), I just don't know when.

6895 is still original paint though, and honestly that would make more sense, as it seems the TA just missed 6701 and 6895 in the cycle. In the next cycle (six-year overhaul) 6701 would come first, so 6895 would last longer.

6701 is a funky bus...it's not quite original, cause if you look around the numbers on all of the lower panels are the kind that Zerega puts on, not the OEM numbers. So it must have been repainted at some point from a blackback into a blackback (or at least gotten a partial repaint), I just don't know when.

6895 is still original paint though, and honestly that would make more sense, as it seems the TA just missed 6701 and 6895 in the cycle. In the next cycle (six-year overhaul) 6701 would come first, so 6895 would last longer.

Thanks for providing such valuable information. I wasn't familiar with the repaint honestly, as I thought it was original.

But the way OG's are shuffled between BP, FR and JFK.... It's not inconceivable that BP may wind up with a Blackback from a trade... 

FR almost never send their own buses off to get repainted, seems like the only way FR even gets a Whiteback is to trade with either JFK or BP...i.e send them 5 Blackbacks and get 5 Whitebacks. Then JFK or BP will send those Blackbacks off to be repainted into the Whitebacks. Which is why FR has so many Blackbacks still.  

Archived