14+ cars for cleaners, extra pay according to contract?(NJ Transit)

Thrasymachus

I am a recent hire and during patriot training I met up with most of the rest of my orientation class. One of them said something about that the fact that it is in our contract that if we clean 14 or more cars on a normal shift, we are supposed to be paid extra. I tried asking my co-workers about this recently, and they don't deny it, but it seems like they stonewall me. I have learned that there are no real friends in Transit, and that I should perhaps trust that fellow in my orientation class who is in the same position as me, than my more tenured co-workers. Unfortunately I was initially naive and didn't read my contract, instead using my idle time to read books. It will take a while to read my whole 200 page contract from the BRC TWU and New Jersey Transit and the possibility of doing that many cars could lapse before I get through it. 

Does anyone know about this clause? 

Or is there any way, or anyone I could contact to get a digital copy of my contract to run searches on? 

Thanks

I am a recent hire and during patriot training I met up with most of the rest of my orientation class. One of them said something about that the fact that it is in our contract that if we clean 14 or more cars on a normal shift, we are supposed to be paid extra. I tried asking my co-workers about this recently, and they don't deny it, but it seems like they stonewall me. I have learned that there are no real friends in Transit, and that I should perhaps trust that fellow in my orientation class who is in the same position as me, than my more tenured co-workers. Unfortunately I was initially naive and didn't read my contract, instead using my idle time to read books. It will take a while to read my whole 200 page contract from the BRC TWU and New Jersey Transit and the possibility of doing that many cars could lapse before I get through it. 

Does anyone know about this clause? 

Or is there any way, or anyone I could contact to get a digital copy of my contract to run searches on? 

Thanks

Get in touch with your union rep.

Archived