Bronx DJ electrocutes himself, then hit by train trying to grab dropped iPhone

Betcha he might have been even intoxicated on something (most likely weed) if the straphanger was foolish enough to go through such an ardious routine as this (wait for the train, go between the cars to retrieve the phone and end up electrocuted and mauled to death under the departing train). Because this just lacks natural humanistic common sense to the point it's surreal.

Kids, don't do drugs. Or you will end up like this dude: 6 feet under, dead, over an iPhone.

If you really think weed was the cause of this, I got some bad news for you.  As well as I would have a lot of my friends committing 12-9's recently as well which obviously isn't the case.

If you really think weed was the cause of this, I got some bad news for you.  As well as I would have a lot of my friends committing 12-9's recently as well which obviously isn't the case.

True, no doubt, but some people just can't handle it. Let me explain:

One of my friends, when he smokes up, he goes into a bizzare psychosis. We had to convince him to quit before he ends up in big trouble, in a psych ward, locked up or worse. Rare as weed does'nt usually have this effect on people, instead, relaxing the mind with its eurphoric and mildly sedative effects, but some dudes just can't hold it down.

But most definitely, for the most part marajuana is harmless compared to alcohol which can absolutely ravage your body with time if one cannot learn to drink responsibly.

Now I'm thinking of three relatives who all died from complications due to alcoholism.....

True, no doubt, but some people just can't handle it. Let me explain:

One of my friends, when he smokes up, he goes into a bizzare psychosis. We had to convince him to quit before he ends up in big trouble, in a psych ward, locked up or worse. Rare as weed does'nt usually have this effect on people, instead, relaxing the mind with its eurphoric and mildly sedative effects, but some dudes just can't hold it down.

But most definitely, for the most part marajuana is harmless compared to alcohol which can absolutely ravage your body with time if one cannot learn to drink responsibly.

Now I'm thinking of three relatives who all died from complications due to alcoholism.....

Sorry to hear that dude.

However, it ultimately all comes down to personal responsibility. As an individual you hold yourself accountable for all of your direct actions. So if you choose to drink, smoke, snort, take, or otherwise abuse miscellaneous substances that's on you.

And if somehow someones under the influence finds them self facing danger (in this case under a train) that that shit is on them.

So while it's f**ked up to think about it, all these fatalities that continue to occur are caused by a direct action of the person involved.

Sorry to hear that dude.

I appreciate this, thank you.

However, it ultimately all comes down to personal responsibility. As an individual you hold yourself accountable for all of your direct actions. So if you choose to drink, smoke, snort, take, or otherwise abuse miscellaneous substances that's on you.

And if somehow someones under the influence finds them self facing danger (in this case under a train) that that shit is on them.

So while it's f**ked up to think about it, all these fatalities that continue to occur are caused by a direct action of the person involved.

Yes, exactly.

- Cause and effect.

- You made your bed now lie in it.

Really, it's sad to hear that another youth lost his life, and at that carelessly, hence the critical comments which I can understand. The kids actions was incredibly risky and plain idiotic. I'm sure you know this but for the record, many youths, before they mature mentally and emotionally, according to psycologists, go through phases. Where they do not understand the concept of recognizing danger.  Still developing the ability to use foresight and exercising good jusgement (lack of experience, still in the process of growing psychologically and such), instead acting out of impulse, not recognizing that certain actions will bring dire consequences.

Not all young adults and teens however -- some are totally on point and are more mature then even a full grown man or woman!

Regardless, as we are all saying here, it was beyond stupid. Sad but really stupid, very much so. An iPhone is a few hundred dollars in change. A person's life however.... priceless.

It is what it is.

That's always been one of my biggest fears - the possibility of seeing a dead body on the tracks, whether it be while I'm at at the RFW or afterwards. Sucks that you had to see that, man.

It's alright.  Unfortunately, it's a part of the job and I'm ok thank God

Yeah, obviously people shouldn't be on the track - Which makes your points irrelevant....

You (and him) is sittin up here talking about reducing chances of getting hit....

Before that, you bring up this bit about the safety of the stations....

As far as answering the other guy's post, well you should've made that more clear in that initial post....

I don't see what difference it being a terminal station makes though....

Stupid is as stupid does - He deserved what he got for what he did...

Come on with this, OK. We know people aren't supposed to go onto the tracks. Plain and simple. But can we use a little bit of common sense here. Obviously, he was going to do what he wanted to do regardless, he didn't wait. At these dead stations I'm talking about they're usually GT10 limits there anyway, so less of a chance of getting run over by a train, if you do decide to do your own thing and go down there. Why go inbetween cars where no one can see you? T/O can't see you, C/R can't see you, they think it's business as usual. If he was down there while a train was entering at 10mph, there's a greater chance that he would be spotted and the T/O could stop the train in time. Handcuffs and a fine over a grave and grieving family and friends.

Come on with this, OK. We know people aren't supposed to go onto the tracks. Plain and simple. But can we use a little bit of common sense here. Obviously, he was going to do what he wanted to do regardless, he didn't wait. At these dead stations I'm talking about they're usually GT10 limits there anyway, so less of a chance of getting run over by a train, if you do decide to do your own thing and go down there. Why go inbetween cars where no one can see you? T/O can't see you, C/R can't see you, they think it's business as usual. If he was down there while a train was entering at 10mph, there's a greater chance that he would be spotted and the T/O could stop the train in time. Handcuffs and a fine over a grave and grieving family and friends.

Come on with what..... You were the person that made a big a deal of it being a terminal station.... 

I would ask that you use "a little bit of common sense here" & stop and think about what real major difference it would have made, had he did what he did at a terminal station or some station that is not a terminal..... Again, he got zapped by the damn 3rd rail before he got hit.... I don't wanna hear about greater chances of this & that, and apparently neither did he....

The guy is dead... What good will handcuffs & a fine do for him.....

Archived