R160B Trouble on (Q)uincy

UlmerPark B6

Lol @ the crappyness of the R160's. WTF the FIND is stuck from the (N) line and its running on the (Q)? These trains are joke, i say bring back the R68/A!!
I say plop them R68s in the ocean and put roll signs on the 160s. :P

Not the ones I be riding...They make the Brighton Express mad slow.

The 68/A's have air bag senpension so you can't really feel the train going fast. Wheres the 40's don't ABS so you feel train going fast.

Btw have you ever rode an 68 in the 60th st tunnel on the (N) and (W) lines? Those 68's fly in that tunnel up near 55 mph!! They move on the 6th ave express between west 4th and 34th st on the (:) and (D) lines.

The 68/A's have air bag senpension so you can't really feel the train going fast. Wheres the 40's don't ABS so you feel train going fast.

Btw have you ever rode an 68 in the 60th st tunnel on the (N) and (W) lines? Those 68's fly in that tunnel up near 55 mph!! They move on the 6th ave express between west 4th and 34th st on the (:) and (D) lines.

I must be riding the normal R68s then...I can't really tell the difference between them yet. I forgot which # ID is for what model...

Good news! My R160B (N) Siemens train had EVERYTHING working in EVERY single car. Yes, I went through every car and checked. One was 8988-8992 and the other was 8953-8957. Nothing was malfunctioning at all. Not sure about the (Q) trains though, that may be another story.

Btw have you ever rode an 68 in the 60th st tunnel on the (N) and (W) lines? Those 68's fly in that tunnel up near 55 mph!! They move on the 6th ave express between west 4th and 34th st on the (B) and (D) lines.

slants are faster B)

Yea everything flies through the 60th St Tunnel, to me the R-40's and 32's do it the best

I also really like the stretch between 34th and W4th on the express

there could be some other pretty fast parts in the subway system, but those timers slow things down:(

Its hard for me to count the number of GOOD R-160s I've been on so far. I'd say only 2 have had working FIND systems. The most recent one I took on the (Q) had a frozen destination sign for the (N) inside of the car.

I know the R142's are not as flexible with the paper maps, but I'll take it. At least the dots work most of the time!

BTW - saw someone mention how there are pretty fast parts in the subway system, 'but those timers slow things down.' How do those timers work?

I ride the IRT (2)(3)(4)(5) mostly (wrong forum, I know), and it seems like we fly down the line until we hit the same spot each day. The signal usually is yellow or red, with an "S" lit up?

Love the forum guys!

BTW - saw someone mention how there are pretty fast parts in the subway system, 'but those timers slow things down.' How do those timers work?

I ride the IRT (2)(3)(4)(5) mostly (wrong forum, I know), and it seems like we fly down the line until we hit the same spot each day. The signal usually is yellow or red, with an "S" lit up?

Love the forum guys!

Welcome to the forum! Hope this helps

Archived