Montague St Tunnel Closure - Exp. Bus Service Restorations & Increases Requested

Oh please.  This guy thinks that he knows what works for the South Brooklyn communities.  They need the X27 increased because HE says they do and they don't need the ferry because he doesn't think they do.   <_<

I don't claim that. I claim that nobody takes the f**king ferry, as evidenced by nobody taking the f**king ferry. You're the politician lapdog who tells us all how you and only you know what everyone in the city needs. I'll say again, seriously consider therapy, dude.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the point he's making and I can back up is that people ARENT a great diaspora moving from the (R).People still take the (R) and no one in Bay Ridge(figuratively speaking) takes the ferry.The same number of riders are still taking the (R) and transferring AS USUAL...

And the point I'm making is ridership on any service doesn't increase over night.  You yourself said that no one paid attention to the pamphlets that the councilman was handing out today so that is certainly an issue.

And who are you to decide what works for thousands of Bay Ridge residents?  The community has spoken and knows what works best for them.  Why don't you be quiet and let them work things out in their own community. 

They've spoken indeed. With their commutes. And said "no thanks" to the ferry. Logical discussions, you no has it.

They've spoken indeed. With their commutes. And said "no thanks" to the ferry. Logical discussions, you no has it.

I don't claim that. I claim that nobody takes the f**king ferry, as evidenced by nobody taking the f**king ferry. You're the politician lapdog who tells us all how you and only you know what everyone in the city needs. I'll say again, seriously consider therapy, dude.

The ferry hasn't even been running a month yet and you're already b*tching about how it's useless and how no one uses it because you were against it in the first place. Just be honest and stop with the BS games.  You don't support it because you think that people should just take the (R).  Fine, but unfortunately you don't control everyone's commuting decisions.

The ferry hasn't even been running a month yet and you're already b*tching about how it's useless and how no one uses it because you were against it in the first place. Just be honest and stop with the BS games.  You don't support it because you think that people should just take the (R).  Fine, but unfortunately you don't control everyone's commuting decisions.

I don't think people should just take the (R). People in Bay Ridge are just taking the (R) or X27. Holy batshit comments, Batman.

I keep trying to explain this to you, and it just goes into a pile of crazy. The ferry is farther than the other options, it's slow and it's on the f**king water. The *product* isn't good.

You're the guy who tried to tell us all the X25 was totally gonna be a success any day now. You're also the guy who took the X17 and then bitched that getting to Coney Island wasn't fast from it. You're not exactly carrying credibility with your name.

Thank you. I don't. I walk to the (N) to catch the 8:03 Broadway Express to 57th, to a tee, even before the split that was my pattern, it's really that simple, I really don't get some people's logic sometimes. Usually the dispatchers gives that one or two trains via Seabeach/B'way Express on the  (N) priority at switch junctions and hold up any (D) trains from the West End, on the AM so that (N) can make it's destination on time, as it is critical to ensure smooth operation.

Being at IT helpdesk at the NYDOE *on time* is important, better make that 8:03 (N) on the Sea Beach.

Give the ferry some time to reach equilibrium, but the point still stands that there is a threshold for considering something a waste of money. That threshold is up for debate, but subsidizing the ferry at a cost of over $5 per person would be unaccaptable. With the currently-low ridership of the ferry, the cost per person is likely in the double to triple-digit range.

Oh trust me, I know. And I've already prepared for my Thursday heart attack/coma lol.

This argument is going nowhere. I think that you guys should give it a bit more time and then we can see if this debate has some validity. Just my opinion, of course.

Once again this money is better off being used to improve the subway than funding a ferry. It could be used to stop the flooding in the subway system, or it could be used to improve subway service, or even future subway expansion. The subway system would always be more efficient. A ferry will not solve the problem. It would only prolong it..........

Give the ferry some time to reach equilibrium, but the point still stands that there is a threshold for considering something a waste of money. That threshold is up for debate, but subsidizing the ferry at a cost of over $5 per person would be unaccaptable. With the currently-low ridership of the ferry, the cost per person is likely in the double to triple-digit range.

And how long has the ferry been running now??  <_<

Archived